Reverse lights on 800 Sportsman

lilmikey_ab

Reaction score
Hey all, i'm new to the forum, signed up to check things out, mostly for where and when rally's will be. I just got my 08 Sportsman at the end of january and was wondering how easy the back up lights are to hookup. The assembly is there, no bulb, no power at the socket, but there is ground. I suspect it would be a fuse or a wire that has to be hooked up somewhere on the machine. Any ideas of where to start looking?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Welcome to the site lilmikey. Backup lights? you just need a tuffer rear bumper. No need to see where your going in reverse :) When your quad won't go back anymore that means its time to go forward.

lilmikey_ab

Reaction score
lol.. well, i do have the bumper installed, but i figure if i had back up lights it would be easier to hook up the winch cable to those stuck Can-ams and Yamahas, and Arctic Cats. .. and hondas..
just kidding, i'm sure i'll need to get pulled once in a while too. My cousin tried it out for a bit on saturday at the Ashmont rally, and sunk it up to the racks in snow.. took a bit to get it out!

Zipp

Reaction score
Yup, it will be something else to break when its sunk in mud and your trying to get out, or you hit a tree or it shorts out ect. ect. If you need one tie a flash light with some zip ties to your rack.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to quadovator.com and they have a kit for that and a few other great tricks. Have a look.

Top Bottom