08 Xp temp light on and won't go out

Dodge man

Reaction score
I have recently rebilt the top end and greased my crank bearings on my 2008 xp. When I started the new motor up from cold the first time the temp light came on and will not go out. And when I ride it goes in and out of limp mode. Since then I have instald a new engine temp sensor. Still no change. This morning i took it into the dealership and had them hook buds up to it to clear codes and the same code to do with engine over heat keeps poping up. At that point the dealership told me to check for any broken or shorted out wires. I have cleaned the engine ground, checked continuity in all wires and connectors to do with temp sensor all the from ECM to the tail light (checked tail light wire because the fact it tied into the power supply for the sensor and I hear there is a common rub point around light). When the motor blew I rode the machine out of the mountains on one cylinder and in that time the speedo quit working and never had temp light come on at all that day. I'm starting to think it might be the instroment cluster or possibly the ECM. Could someone please help me with this pickle because I have myself and two different dealerships stumped on this. Thx in advance.

Dodge man

Reaction score
The dealership tells me that you need to keep the ECM, instroment cluster and key fob together to avoid reprogramming.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really , I got ECM with fobs but whatever . I'm just offering you if you want to try it no big deal

Dodge man

Reaction score
To try something like that I would also need the cluster from that same machine that has the same programing for that too work. Are you selling your ECM with fob/fobs? Say if it was my ECM in order for an ECM with matching fob to work I would half to get my cluster programmed to that ECM?

Top Bottom