Revelstoke riding area updates 2019/2020

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, probably not. If you drag a 6 place trailer up a one way road after being told it isn't a good idea, no way are there guys really wanting to "lend a hand". Need to learn the hard way I guess.
Especially if you get stuck, block the road and close it down for the day

Going to be a few hurt feelings lol

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
[h=1]Grooming Has Began!! November 28 2019[/h]
[h=2]A $10 cash only trail pass will be charged starting tomorrow, November 29 2019
The following trails have been groomed[/h][h=2]Boulder Mountain- Parking Available at 3km[/h]Kirkup
Benzanson
Laroylane
[h=2]Frisby Mountain- Parking Available at 1.5km[/h]Frisby Main to the top of the mountain
McKay Way

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Is there room to turn and 32ft inclosed trailer around on the trail at the kirkup split or further up??

Asking that question on here, is like taking advice from a 40 year old on parenting, who’s never had children. Might as well go looking in Mexico for the next Connor McDavid! There’s a certain group on here that are most definitely arm chair hero's. I can’t count how many times I’ve went early or late riding and had to drive up the trail with our 28’, was told the same thing you are, and found a spot I could have turned a Boeing 747 around in!

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Asking that question on here, is like taking advice from a 40 year old on parenting, who’s never had children. Might as well go looking in Mexico for the next Connor McDavid! There’s a certain group on here that are most definitely arm chair hero's. I can’t count how many times I’ve went early or late riding and had to drive up the trail with our 28’, was told the same thing you are, and found a spot I could have turned a Boeing 747 around in!

I’ve also seen wieners with jacked up pick up trucks pulling a trailer stuck on the road. They spin out and jack knife on the trail before the junction. Ruining everyone’s day behind them. We used to go early season ever year and would drive up the trail with my dads truck and goose neck trailer. He never had winter tires just all season but had a set of chains just incase. Don’t ruin someone else’s day and block the road to the snow. Now we don’t bother with early dec riding. I just want to get up top and holder wiiiiddddddeeee.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
For you half day riders....
Highway 1 - Highway 1. Avalanche control work planned between Rogers Pass Summit and Beaver Valley Rd for 11.1 km (Rogers Pass Summit). Starting Sun Dec 1 at 10:00 AM PST until Sun Dec 1 at 2:00 PM PST. Road closure planned. Expect individual closures of up to 60 - minutes. Detour will not be available. Next update time Sun Dec 1 at 2:00 PM PST. Last updated Sat Nov 30 at 3:52 PM PST. (DBC-13826)

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope this stays in the forecast.
e86a0b7e5af4a3ecda3cf69fbbe0420f.jpg
bfc685b7880b252918cd9bc3a90dc15e.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is if ya try and fail, like spin out, jack knife, no place to turn around and have to back down, seen it lots

Don't be that group and screw the day for everyone else behind you

It's simple really, early season if deck and 2 place trailers, allways has been, allways will be

Just like short tracks are not early season and for late late season, just common knowledge

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many feet on pole at boulder? Yamacam doesn’t seem to be as focused as prior years.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many feet on pole at boulder? Yamacam doesn’t seem to be as focused as prior years.

It’s showing roughly 4 feet. I never probed anywhere over 135cm on the two main mountains. North and South have maybe a little more.

Top Bottom