Revelstoke Mountain Resort

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I tell everyone.......each ski hilll in B.C. has been broke at least once....LOL
I have a couple contractor friends in Revy who are owed a ton of money from the RMR. Hope they get paid soon.
Support the sledder buisnesses.....let the others figure out how important our dollars are when they are waiting for the Thule racks to show up.

I'm a pass holder at another ski hill in the valley, but sick of my skier/boarder pals boasting about RMR..........it takes time to develop a monster of a resort like RMR, and now the correction starts

Tell your friends how important sledders are to the area.......we need to keep it open for many years to come
RS

Last edited by a moderator:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i guess real estate prices are in for a price correction in revy now. darko keep us posted.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
I think it still will be a he!! of a place to have a hill climb. ;)

Your right Randy everyone needs to support the business`s that continue to support snowmobiling here in Revy and make sure they know your sledders. Unbelievable how many sledders are still in town this wknd. and where they have travelled from.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9 mmmiiillllllllliiiiiooooooonnn dollars (in my best Dr. Evil voice)!!

Damn we're awesome!!!!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We vote for a new mayor on Sat. watched the question period on t.v. The 3 were asked about development on Westside Rd. The dam, resort, 2 saw mills, numerous helicopter pads, enviromentally sensitive areas and the proposal for a technology center were mentioned.
No one even acknowledged that one of the top 5 snowmobile destinations in N.A. is also located on Westside Rd.

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We vote for a new mayor on Sat. watched the question period on t.v. The 3 were asked about development on Westside Rd. The dam, resort, 2 saw mills, numerous helicopter pads, enviromentally sensitive areas and the proposal for a technology center were mentioned.
No one even acknowledged that one of the top 5 snowmobile destinations in N.A. is also located on Westside Rd.

I think you should have run for mayor and set Revy right again.:d

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man, you guys could have an awesome clubhouse with lounge at the new hill-cross & hillclimb venue. hehe

as to the election, next time a sledder should run for major, i'm sure sledder's would contribute to his/her election campaign.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, too big too quick, so many companies were hoping for year over year over year at 20% increases wich is just not reality,

this finance mess is going to get very ugly in the next few years, ugly i say

BrooKker

Reaction score
Website
www.powderpetes.com
I have to say that being in the hotel industry in Revy for the past 3 years, that it is NOT the skiiers that are keeping the town afloat, nor will they. My take on RMR as a local business woman is that in the end, "if" RMR does in fact go as big as they are projecting...IE: Hotels, Condos, Restraunts, Shops...ect ect...we as small local businesses are going to suffer if we displace you guys. I think if you talk to any GM of a hotel that has been supportive of your sport you will get the same feeling...I hope. My honest opinion is that our sledders are the ones we need to take care of, and this winter we ARE going to do just that. You guys have my word. Our winter season is revolving around you.

Kerry Brooks
General Manager
Days Inn & Suites Revelstoke

Veedy

Reaction score
Website
www.farwestfilms.com
Ya, and now we have a tree-hugger for a mayor... we are officially F**KED.

Thanks for the good words Kerry, we will spread the word that the Days Inn supports sledders, and they will come. :beer:

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
Thats why we stay there now, and thats why well stay there in the future!!!!Thats how you run a business. Great to here!!!!Thanks Kerry!!!!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks kerry, for sticking with sledders, who knows you may have to start practicing on running for mayor in a couple of years. on a side note, a client that i sold a condo to, in sicamous last year, informed me yesterday, that the condo project is now stopped and is in the banks hands. the house of cards is starting to fall. should be great for us sledders.

Top Bottom