Revelstoke - End of December

Reaction score
I just got offered a trip out west and I'd be in Revelstoke from December 20th to January 8th. How are snow conditions at this time of year usually ??? Will I be able to have some fun even though it's early in the season ? Any spots I should steer clear of ? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !

Thanks !

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got offered a trip out west and I'd be in Revelstoke from December 20th to January 8th. How are snow conditions at this time of year usually ??? Will I be able to have some fun even though it's early in the season ? Any spots I should steer clear. of ? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !

Thanks !
if Revy doesn't have good snow that time of year were in deap SH!T! Imagine going to heaven for Christmas. The only thing I would stay away from in Revy is the Columba River should not be to hard though it's on the other side of a major road and the opposite direction from the mountain! Seriously I can't imagine a better place to spend your holidays! There are dozens of awesome places to stay and you will hear from a lot of sledders about their personal favourites. My personal favourite is the Best Western new,clean,sledder friendly and close to mountain and has a shuttle down town.

Last edited:

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got offered a trip out west and I'd be in Revelstoke from December 20th to January 8th. How are snow conditions at this time of year usually ??? Will I be able to have some fun even though it's early in the season ? Any spots I should steer clear of ? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !

Thanks !
That is not early. You should have lots of snow. Pretty sure there's a few feet already. Have fun, ride safe, get the gear.

Reaction score
When you say get the gear .... Anything specific in mind ?? Avy Gear i'm guessing ?

Thanks !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you say get the gear .... Anything specific in mind ?? Avy Gear i'm guessing ?

Thanks !
And find and hire a guide, lots of people get lost very easy as it can soak in fast and loose ur bearings.... Very good place to sled but u still need the equipment ect

If u decide to come 45 min west to sicamous and ride, I'd show ya around to a different riding than revy.... Have fun ( u will be hooked) and be safe

Reaction score
And find and hire a guide, lots of people get lost very easy as it can soak in fast and loose ur bearings.... Very good place to sled but u still need the equipment ect

If u decide to come 45 min west to sicamous and ride, I'd show ya around to a different riding than revy.... Have fun ( u will be hooked) and be safe

I'd be open to that ... What do you mean different riding ?? Always open for suggestions !!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different area, different riding as far as type and exposure

Reaction score
Seems like a relaxing ride !!!! ahahah !

But if anyone's willing to ride with 4 french-canadians on the hunt for some powder I'll talk to the guys ( we'll be a group of 3-4 ) for sure and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to ride with someone who knows the place ! We're not beginner riders either so we SHOULD be able to hold our own and not get stuck everywhere.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Machin, are you renting sleds at Revy or bringing your own?

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

But if anyone's willing to ride with 4 french-canadians on the hunt for some powder I'll talk to the guys ( we'll be a group of 3-4 ) for sure and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to ride with someone who knows the place ! We're not beginner riders either so we SHOULD be able to hold our own and not get stuck everywhere.
If you have to ask about what gear.. Your going to be stuck... A lot...

Reaction score
If you have to ask about what gear.. Your going to be stuck... A lot...

Aahaha ! The only gear I don't know about is the avalanche gear since there is no risk where I ride.

I'll be bringing my own sled : 2016 Summit T3 163

As I said .... not my first time riding at all !

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with Tex there are a lot of Tea breaks. You will start with a Tea, ride, have a break, Tea of course, maybe ride some more but Tea is likley on the horizon. Then its lunch, some bs'ing about something and likely a Tea, then ride down. :)
B.s fawker lol

I only ever bring 4, and the way u say I'm done them in half hour

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If there's a good dump before u show up, it's snow like u have never road

U will be stuck

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aahaha ! The only gear I don't know about is the avalanche gear since there is no risk where I ride.

I'll be bringing my own sled : 2016 Summit T3 163

As I said .... not my first time riding at all !
One other item you should have is a saw if you don't already have one some shovels come with one and the work fine. I think the best Avalanche equipment you could get is a guide. If you haven't had Avy training and are riding a T3 there could be big trouble waiting for you. Don't get the idea that a guide is going to take you sight seeing on the contrary he/she will take you to areas you would never go on you own.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shovel
beacon
probe
avalanche bag

all can be rented.

I keep enough stuff in my bag to stay the night.

a guide, well spent money to show you around, don't have to worry about getting lost. Revy is some of the best riding, but notorious for getting socked in so bad you can't see two feet in front of yourself.

Do some Avalanche reading. Check avalanche.ca for conditions before you ride. Watch the steep stuff if the conditions are bad.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You guys are great thanks for the help ! I'll make sure to be mentally prepared to get stuck a lot then !!!

Top Bottom