Rev Summit upgrades

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This summer I am planning on doing a bit more upgrading to my Summit, tell me what i'm missing.

New shocks, all 4, either Fox Float 2's or HPG Piggybacks for the front.
New ski's, maybe Slydogs
New seat, not sure about the Boss, seems a lot of people are having trouble with them. Any other ideas?
New bars, maybe Pro Taper or?
New riser, my 6" riser is too short.
Clutch kit, Dynamo Joe's, low or high elevation?

Stuff I already have done.
Axle kit
Drop brackets
Vents
Sway bar removal
MBRP can
Nordlocks on the y-pipe
XP brake setup
Meathooker running boards
Outter airbox mod, added extra holes for more airflow
Skidplate
Switch block relocate
Steering post relocate

I do a bit of everything, boondocking, hill climbing, jumps, and the occasional trail to get to and from riding areas. As much as i'd like to add a better track, that's not going to happen. Maybe when I get a new sled.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 10" riser and pro taper fat bars. The height is just about right for me and I'm 6'3. Floats can be a pain if you change a lot of elevation. DJ makes a good kit but I don't know what elevation you ride at to make a suggestion.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking 8" risers will be perfect. Right now I have 6" and they are a bit short for me. I am 5'10" and have to lean over a bit and it isn't very comfortable, especially down hill. Maybe if I put those Pro Taper bars with the bend in them it will be enough to give me that extra bit of rise? I usually ride elevations under 5000 ft but occasionally do go higher. My sled is a 600 HO SDI too.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 04 to.dj kit for sure,his kits are great.im going for a new track and crank bearings..

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided to skip the taller riser and go with a set of Freeride bars instead. Also adding rebuildable shocks to the rear skid.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.............Floats can be a pain if you change a lot of elevation. ......
Why is this? And what is considered alot of elevation change? Most of the riding I do starts at 3000' and goes up to about 8000'. Is this considered alot?

Froglegs

Reaction score
What have you heard about the boss seat and whats wrong with them. I called boss the other day and they said that that in september that they have a new seat coming out same design but better material I hope the seat is a lot better. And skinz has a rev seat coming out

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Previous models of the boss seat supposedly were found to have very poor quality zippers and the last few that they put out guys said the seat cover material they used was cheap and didn't stand up very well. Not what a guy expected to get considering what the cost was. I got a Mountain Mod seat for my Rev but that guy has since quit making them for the Rev.

Froglegs

Reaction score
Do you have any updates on your sled

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This summer I am planning on doing a bit more upgrading to my Summit, tell me what i'm missing.

New shocks, all 4, either Fox Float 2's or HPG Piggybacks for the front.
New ski's, maybe Slydogs
New seat, not sure about the Boss, seems a lot of people are having trouble with them. Any other ideas?
New bars, maybe Pro Taper or?
New riser, my 6" riser is too short.
Clutch kit, Dynamo Joe's, low or high elevation?

Stuff I already have done.
Axle kit
Drop brackets
Vents
Sway bar removal
MBRP can
Nordlocks on the y-pipe
XP brake setup
Meathooker running boards
Outter airbox mod, added extra holes for more airflow
Skidplate
Switch block relocate
Steering post relocate

I do a bit of everything, boondocking, hill climbing, jumps, and the occasional trail to get to and from riding areas. As much as i'd like to add a better track, that's not going to happen. Maybe when I get a new sled.

Can you educate a little bit more on how to do the Steering post Relocate mod??? Ive heard of this and could benifit from the post not being at such a shallow angle.....

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the steering post relocate is super easy all you do is unbolt the steering post (at the top of the pyramid frame,where the plastic post stabilizer is )undo both bolts move the back bolt to the front and drill 2 holes and put the other bolt in...Real easy and straightins out the post and handle bars

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Circlied-Mistake, the steering post mod is easy, remove your console and windshield, you'll see 2 bolts that go through the steering post brackets. Remove them both then move your steering post forward, one bolt will go in the furthest forward bolt hole, you'll have to drill a new hole for the front bolt. Once you drill the hole, install both bolts and console and windshield. Took me about 30 minutes to do and only because I took my time.

I didn't get a whole lot done to my sled this summer, I was too busy riding my wheeler, fishing and hunting. I've got a set of front HPG rebuildable shocks with stiffer springs coming from Ian at Monster Performance, they are powder coated gloss black and should look good on my all black Summit. Also going to buy a set of Freeride bars, rear rebuildable shocks and a new super low windshield. Floating secondary mod was done right after I got the sled.

Next summer I'm having Big John rebuild my engine using his 700 SHR HO motor mod, those that have done it rave about how much it improves the performance of these 600's.

Last edited:

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, being 6.0' tall and a set of small risers i figured this is the best way to get a better angle without having to buy cable extensions
as they are at their end now.....

Top Bottom