2008 ski doo summit upgrades?

summitlife

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2008 summit 800 154 for a good deal. 300 km on new shortblock. im wondering what you guys think are the best upgrades/mods for it. It has the camo extreme 2.5, dynaport pipe, y pipe and mbrp can, wrp running boards, slydog skis, inside wheel kit, redone fox shocks front and back. Give me some ideas, Cheers

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S36 kit and rear suspension upgrade are a huge improvement. Estart is nice after you flip it or dig it out. Running boards are nice as well

summitlife

Reaction score
S36 kit and rear suspension upgrade are a huge improvement. Estart is nice after you flip it or dig it out. Running boards are nice as well
Can you run the stock size shocks? I like the fox shocks got.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you run the stock size shocks? I like the fox shocks got.
No it's a shorter shock, you could have the foxes shortened though. Honestly it sounds like a pretty good setup, just ride it and save for an XM.

summitlife

Reaction score
No it's a shorter shock, you could have the foxes shortened though. Honestly it sounds like a pretty good setup, just ride it and save for an XM.

And if i upgrade the rear suspenion with the xtreme vents package, if i needed a mew shock would i order one for a 2010 summit?

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same sled. Check with a dealer and see if the 2009 updates were installed as mine were. Oil resivor, coolant tank, fuel tank and gauge replacement if you have the standard set with the stupid S button that does not work. My dealer gave me the premium set as they are the same price but doo wants $500. You may/will want to get the oil tank insert from after market supplier as it will oval itself and annoying drip issue's.

Top Bottom