rev secondary clutch

bssummitx

Reaction score
I have a 2004 rev 600HO. The secondary clutch inner sheave moves forward and back about 6 inches independently of the outer sheave. Is this the way they work. The sled was making some noises when my wife rode it last weekend? any ideas?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 rev 600HO. The secondary clutch inner sheave moves forward and back about 6 inches independently of the outer sheave. Is this the way they work. The sled was making some noises when my wife rode it last weekend? any ideas?

Are you talking while under power? or just sitting "engine off"? The 2 sheaves are independant from one another. and when you say forward and back I assum you mean in and out. If your secondary is moving 6"forward or back I dont think it would go to far!

KInd of a weak vid but gives you the jist
http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/h...erters-work-davidsfarm/KWvIi6X74F6cirhAThZhyw

Last edited:

bssummitx

Reaction score
I took the belt off and chain case cover off to check the chain it looks good. the inner sheave moves to the front of the machine and then back to the back of the machine about 6 inches and the outer one is stationary.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the belt off and chain case cover off to check the chain it looks good. the inner sheave moves to the front of the machine and then back to the back of the machine about 6 inches and the outer one is stationary.

Thats not good! or right pull it off. I would geuss your helix has broke off or the bolts came out.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch all 3 vids but here is the one you are after to take the sec apart

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mfgu-uyhqY&feature=related[/media]

bssummitx

Reaction score
I took it off and you can hold the sheaves one in each hand and move it back and fourth the 6 inches. Guess I'll take it to mountain magic to get it fixed
since i don't have a press. Thanks for the help.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took it off and you can hold the sheaves one in each hand and move it back and fourth the 6 inches. Guess I'll take it to mountain magic to get it fixed
since i don't have a press. Thanks for the help.

You can make a press with ready rod. But they will have all the parts you need.

How does the shaft look?

bssummitx

Reaction score
The spline shaft looks good and the secondary came easy. The sled only has 600 km on it. I had to change the primary clutch hat at 400 km. I got the sled with 300 km on it. I hope this is the end of the problems for this thing.

Top Bottom