Rev hand warmers

speedjunky7

Reaction score
My hand warmers burnt out, is this common for 2006 REV should I replace with OEM or install after market (what type)?

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just did some on my 03 summit today and 04 rev will be done soon. I noticed that the ones on both of the sleds are a 3 wire type and of course I didn't know this at first so I ordered some from Royal Dist that were inexpensive. When they came they were two wire ones. What I did today on the 03 was used all the existing controls etc. Then I traced back the wires to a connector block under the hood. I cut the 3 wires off 3 inchs above the block and then started the sled and found which was what heat setting with a test light. I found the low heat wire on the right and connected one wire from the new heaters to it with solder and shrink tubing and then found the ground which was black and connected it to the other wire from the heater with solder and s t. I of course had ran the wires and tucked them in approprietly and attached the sticky heat pad to the bar. I then did the Left side. With the wires I didn't use I cut flush and shrink tubed. I could have done this different but I chose to only have one heat level. The kit came with a resisitor I could have used to make the heaters have two levels of heat but I really didn't want to take anymore time to do this and I only wanted to use the existing controls and didn't want to totally dismantle the dash and bars etc. Everything still looks the same.
I hope this helps you. I did this for about $40.00. I was told my friend fixxed one of his hand warmers for over $40.00+ from the skidoo dealer, but it was the correct 3 wire.

basecamp

Reaction score
Just about everyone I talk to has one burnt out. I changed it with a factory one for $ 50. cut and spliced the wires with shrink tube work's good now( the wires came with the right ends but were not long enough to reach down to the junction box.). They are not cheap. if it goes again I would look at after market ones.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that a guy could check if the warmers were shot by connecting them to a 9 volt battery. Is this what others have done or are the grips the part thats usually what burns out and people just change them out right away

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski Doo hot grips suck and don't last as long as they should and are expensive to boot. You could try the Moose hot grips but if you have hooks on your bars they might not work. I put 2 sets of these on our wheelers and they work awesome. Install is super easy and only takes about an hour to get both wired and installed.
Moose Utility Division - Product Catalog

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of 2011 freeride bars, grips and warmers on my 05 and they get really hot. Not many miles on them yet so i am not sure of the longevity of them.

Top Bottom