REV A-arm bushings...help a newbie?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, they fit like a glove so now all that is left is to test 'em out tomorrow :)

I believe I need to adjust my chain tension. When The sled is warmed up and idling, if I ease into the throttle it will engage and away I go. But If Im at a dead stop, or a fairly slow pace, and I get on it a little heavier you can feel a "clunk" or a "catch" like the chain is too slack. Obviously I don't want to be doing that too many times.

I've read online the procedure for adjusting it is: Elevate the track, wiggle the belt/clutch to remove tension. Pull pin, screw adjusting bolt in (clockwise) till its finger-tight and then back it out till I can get the pin back it, correct?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, they fit like a glove so now all that is left is to test 'em out tomorrow :)

I believe I need to adjust my chain tension. When The sled is warmed up and idling, if I ease into the throttle it will engage and away I go. But If Im at a dead stop, or a fairly slow pace, and I get on it a little heavier you can feel a "clunk" or a "catch" like the chain is too slack. Obviously I don't want to be doing that too many times.

I've read online the procedure for adjusting it is: Elevate the track, wiggle the belt/clutch to remove tension. Pull pin, screw adjusting bolt in (clockwise) till its finger-tight and then back it out till I can get the pin back it, correct?
Yup it is

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad I swapped skis! What a difference in ride quality.

Took it out all saturday and it was a blast.

Thanks again gents!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a set of Toms ski bushings on that sled, it centers the ski under the spindle and you won't get premature wear on your ski bushings or bent ski bolts. I put a set on this winter and love them. The oil lite a-arm bushings are suppose to be the cats azz, will installing them this summer after the riding season is over.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks AK, I'll look into it when the snow melts :)

Another question for those in-the-know with these machines. Bang for my buck, who makes the best running board replacements on the market? I'd like to replace my stock boards with aftermarket boards with larger holes to clear the snow.

Top Bottom