Rev 800 survives avalanche at cataract

aocbiz

Reaction score
Fish you and your buds need to read the thread "What would you do in this situation"!
Looks like you got real lucky I hope you and your crew learn from it!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow. I don't think there is anything here I would say that hasn't already been said. Best these boys maybe start using the internet for less self-promotion and more self-awareness.

Check out all their awesomeness here: RosevearRiderZ - YouTube

you can comment directly on their video that's linked off their page.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I saw that hill for the first time I knew it was trouble and that was with out any training. Please get trained before you make your family very sad.

Fish

Reaction score

Hey guys im not trying to brag about this. i am just trying to share this video as a warning to others as a risk to the extreme avalanche conditions. we have learned alot from this experience and just trying to get the word out for others to learn.

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score

Hey guys im not trying to brag about this. i am just trying to share this video as a warning to others as a risk to the extreme avalanche conditions. we have learned alot from this experience and just trying to get the word out for others to learn.

I suggest you just delete all this and your videos, also maybe take in a little info everyone has posted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charette_Syndrome

Reaction score

I'm sure we are all already aware that their are idiots who own sleds... Oil patch gear and $ doesn't mean u have a brain... Wow u own a sled but these are the idiots that are giving the sport a bad rep... Too much $ and lack of brain cells... And publicly posted non the less, just proves idiocracy is upon us...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We all appreciate the update on how unsafe the conditions are, but the reports from the South Rockies Avalanche Team are way more informative and they don't break any rules making them. It seems like more time was put into the making of the video than was spent on reading the avy reports before you went out that day. Hopefully this does become a lesson for everyone.

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gee thanks for warning us to not ride where you are not supposed to. Thanks for showing the whole world where you are pulling bonehead maneuvers and adding more fuel to get our nice little local play area shut down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ur full of sh!t dumb azz, and now ur back peddling

No one gives a high five after something like that

Please stay riding ditches for the rest of us

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Fish

Reaction score
Thank you for all the comments. i appreciate everyones input, this has been a big learning experience. one that i wanted to share with others, this was not the feedback i was expecting as i was just trying to share my learnings. the video has been removed.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fish

Reaction score
Also about the high five, it was not about being cool and stocked about it, it was because we were happy we walked away and survived. sorry you got the wrong impression.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, not much to say that hasn't been said already. Unreal stupidity in the backcountry. If anything good can come of it, maybe this video can be used by avy instructors to show students WHAT NOT TO DO, and WHERE NOT TO RIDE. Crazy that this day and age with all the heightened awareness of avy training, bulletins and the unfortunate amount of avy related incidents this year that this type of ignorance exists. WOW. Just WOW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fish

Reaction score
sorry guys, i thought i was in the riding area. this was first time riding on that side, i was fallowing the trail until i got on top of the pass, due to the wind and the drifting i did not know were the trail went from there. i did see a nice open area and i thought id check it out. i honestly had no idea this was an out of bounds area. i will also enrol in avalanche training. and i will be staying on the cataract side for now on.

Top Bottom