Rev 800 survives avalanche at cataract

Charette_Syndrome

Reaction score
Wow idiots... Saw the aftermath on our way out... I hope I see u at the parking lot so I can personally call u STUPID to ur face... And give ur plates to the rangers... U are seriously retarded...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never ridden there, so bare with my stupid question,
How does everyone know it was an out of bounds area?
(just for my own knowledge).

Just curious, I watched the video twice, and completely missed it if they passed a sign or marker that said "out of bounds".
Thanks

There is a sign at the staging area clearly showing what areas are out of bounds. The same map has been posted on the 'SW Alberta' forum many times. There is even a thread titled 'Fording Pass Out of Bounds Area' that graphically shows what is and is not out of bounds in the 'SW Alberta' section. And when approaching the area on the single track trail, there is another sign clearly posted that can't be missed.

Attachments

• IMG_3762edit.jpg
    IMG_3762edit.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_3764edit.jpg
    IMG_3764edit.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a sign at the staging area clearly showing what areas are out of bounds. The same map has been posted on the 'SW Alberta' forum many times. There is even a thread titled 'Fording Pass Out of Bounds Area' that graphically shows what is and is not out of bounds in the 'SW Alberta' section. And when approaching the area on the single track trail, there is another sign clearly posted that is big and yellow and can't be missed.
Summit X I haven't been over Fording since probably the early 90's. If memory serves me correct you can see this face on your right when you are going over the shale on Fording. Access is a right hand turn after you drop down into the BC side?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summit X I haven't been over Fording since probably the early 90's. If memory serves me correct you can see this face on your right when you are going over the shale on Fording. Access is a right hand turn after you drop down into the BC side?

The face these guys were on the very top of the pass, and yes it is on the right as you cross the pass. The area that is allowed for sleds is after you go down the other side, so yes you are correct again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The face these guys were on the very top of the pass, and yes it is on the right as you cross the pass. The area that is allowed for sleds is after you go down the other side, so yes you are correct again.
Thanks! Its been awhile. When was this designated park? Don't ever remember any signs back in the day.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for fish, there was a video of quadders posted that was seen by srd. The guy was facing several fines in the $20,000 range. May be best to remove video Asap

Last edited:

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Its been awhile. When was this designated park? Don't ever remember any signs back in the day.

not sure... i've been going over for probably the last 5 years and the sign has been there that long.

NORDIC

Reaction score
All I have to say is WOW! Lucky beyond belief! Just goes to show that there are so many people that need to be educated on backcountry usage it's ridiculous!!! Or whats worse is maybe they don't care??

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
carrots

Seems to be the thing to do, Unless you want to send the vid to the srd ? The guys may or may not have seen the sign, i have no idea. And really don 't care, I'm thinking the lesson has been learned,

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to admit that I have done some pretty dumb things in my life, but nothing like that!!!

To Fish, and friends with Fish,I hope you all read the constructive criticism that members have previously posted.

To the new members of sledding and S&M, I hope you all learn from this. That this is not the right way for sledders to be heard with the Gov'ts of AB & BC

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if they by chance they didnt see the SIGNS - you would think the terrain they were on would put The RED FLAG UP - pretty much a given ! CLUELESS !!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with Bowes and sno pro. I have ridden that area since I was a kid and man that slopes falls multiply times a year. The only snow that collects on that mountain is wind loaded and is a south facing slope. Not to mention the snow depth is typically very minimal with large sharp rocks underneath waiting for you. Stupid decision!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time.....

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man, natural selection almost won that time. I can't believe the stupidity of people posting videos of themselves breaking the law, hope this one turns out like so many others and charges are laid. That may be the only way these idiots learn anything because it won't matter what we say, they think what they did was supercool.

Top Bottom