Rev 800 survives avalanche at cataract

Fish

Reaction score
Went to cataract on saturday and me and my brother where high marking on a mountain. turns out it was way to hot that day and the snow was to sticky and He had to out run a avalanche

link has been removed

Last edited:

Fish

Reaction score
Dont be afraid to comment and subscribe to our channel to at RosevearRiderZ

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my comment.... you guys are idiots. Not only is that an OUT OF BOUNDS AREA, but the AVY CONDITIONS were rated HIGH all weekend. New snowfall, warm temps, super sun exposed terrain, on a wind loaded hill that slides multiple times a year, do I need to continue to make you realize what a bad decision this was??? Do you guys know the area? Did you even stop to read any of the signs on the way in that describe the areas that are out of bounds?? Did you read the avy reports before you went out? You are certainly NOT a hero in my books.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow its hard to watch something that you know is gonna turn into a train wreck. That hill has been sliding every year since I can remember. You are lucky to be alive with the high avy conditions and lucky a warden isn't confiscating your sled for riding in a park. Go buy a lottery ticket....

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a tough one....guy likely doesn't know about reading terrain and stuff like wind loaded scree slopes

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm with Summit X on this one. I will also add, the Avalanche bulletins have been and the South Rockies Avalanche Team has been talking for weeks about the week base layers, added storm snow, warm weather, etc., etc., etc..

With 23 posts, I would suggest that you post a little more and get involved with snow conditions in the areas that you intend to ride. That slope, IMHO, was just waiting for a trigger. Whether it was a sledder, more moist snow from solar radiation, or what ever, you were some very lucky dudes.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with Summit X on this one. I will also add, the Avalanche bulletins have been and the South Rockies Avalanche Team has been talking for weeks about the week base layers, added storm snow, warm weather, etc., etc., etc..

With 23 posts and a join date of Nov. 2006, I would suggest that you post a little more and get involved with snow conditions in the areas that you intend to ride. That slope, IMHO, was just waiting for a trigger. Whether it was a sledder, more moist snow from solar radiation, or what ever, you were some very lucky dudes.
Anyone that has avy training can see the red flags all over that slope. Snow will just not adhere to rock once it retains a certain amount of load. #1 on the poor terrain choice list. Get some training guys. You'll thank us later.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unreal stupidity! Do us a favor and remove the video from the Internet! Looks like you were really prepared as well. I did not see any packs, shovels of your backs either! High five? That was cool! Wow is all I have to say!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Scary stuff. I hope the media gets ahold of that high five after almost dying. That will be good for us. You got lucky period. That crack you jumped could have swollowed you and your buddies would be dragging you home in a tobbogan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

mick

Reaction score
I guess the slide that happened maybe an hour before... just around the corner from that...... wasn't enough of a hint that things might be a little unstable?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Five Guys!! You are riding in The Park on a face that slides all year long. Pretty Fawking cool!!! Wow are you kidding me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job posting a video of you riding illegally in a closed area hope the cops or srd see this it's people like this that ruin
sledding and quading for everybody that does follow the rules

gregv88

Reaction score
Guess we can rule OUT common sense here. To think that you guys thought it cool to post this here is a testament to how much you need to get a handle on respecting not just the backcountry, but others as well.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess we can rule OUT common sense here. To think that you guys thought it cool to post this here is a testament to how much you need to get a handle on respecting not just the backcountry, but others as well.
I'm glad they posted this honestly. For anyone that reads this thread that has no clue about backcountry safety it is a very good learning tool. Anyone with proper training and a reasoning mind knows this is a dangerous slope to climb on.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never ridden there, so bare with my stupid question,
How does everyone know it was an out of bounds area?
(just for my own knowledge).

Just curious, I watched the video twice, and completely missed it if they passed a sign or marker that said "out of bounds".
Thanks

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow its hard to watch something that you know is gonna turn into a train wreck. That hill has been sliding every year since I can remember. You are lucky to be alive with the high avy conditions and lucky a warden isn't confiscating your sled for riding in a park. Go buy a lottery ticket....
ditto I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I have seen that hill let go in over 15 years of riding out there so did you head back and over to the right on the back side and set one off over there as we'll check my post from last year this time when one of our guys made a bad decision back there blue bird day just ripe for an avy way to go hero's maybe we will see your next vid " how to retrieve your buds body from the debri path and explain to his wife! girlfriend, mom dad kids how he died with a smile on his face"

**** it im getting to old for this crap young and dumb listen to your elders that's why we live to ride another day

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never ridden there, so bare with my stupid question,
How does everyone know it was an out of bounds area?
(just for my own knowledge).

Just curious, I watched the video twice, and completely missed it if they passed a sign or marker that said "out of bounds".
Thanks

There is a sign along the trail in, numerous threads and repeated posts within the conditions thread showing where the boundary is. I think there's a map in the Cataract staging area too.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me guess head banger music, go pro camera's rolling on a out of bounds area with high avy conditions, and you want us to like your you tube video's. Sounds like your part of the Beiber posse!!!

Top Bottom