Replacing Spark Plug wires on 2003 summit 800HO

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, just curious if anyone could help me out in replacing the spark plugs wires on a 2003 Ski-doo summit 800HO. Do i have to remove the airbox? what is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove air box and you should see coil on side of oil tank. Unplug coil from computer and unscrew it. Before you do this make sure you have new clips that go on coil. Get from dealer. Try to take clip off without breaking. Take out old wires, now put wires through new clip just enought to go into coil. Then press both wires on and snap clip in place. Change both sparkplug caps at same time. Use ngk caps there really good

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to remove air box there is a clamp that holds them to the carbs. Losen these claps then it just a matter of pulling air box out. It fit in there tight so you will have to pull it good. To put back just reverse your steps

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome, thanks for the reply Pete. This sounds like a job for tomorrow, because its beer time!

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done and Done, wasn't too bad of a job to get the airbox out. More so to bolt the coil back on to the oil tank. Thanks again for your help, i've now ordered a shop manual

Top Bottom