Repairs beyond my skill level

maxandvin

Reaction score
2011 Crossfire with a mid range bog. Here is what I have done;

Removed MBRP can and reinstalled OEM suitcase no improvement
Removed and cleaned both power valves no improvement
Replaced spark plugs no improvement
Removed power valve cables and found fraying on mag side. Replaced cable recalibrated to factory spec for play on both cables, still no improvement?

Any suggestions? I just don't want to miss anything that a dealer will charge a lot of money for even though it's could be a simple fix.

Thanks in advance

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most bog problems I have seen on here lately have been from chipped or missing reed pedals.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reeds? They're famous for chipping away and causing all sorts of bogging issues.
What happens to the motor when it sucks in the broken reeds? Are they soft enough that they burn through without damaging anything?

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happens to the motor when it sucks in the broken reeds? Are they soft enough that they burn through without damaging anything?

Yes, stock reeds are just made of plastic so they break off in tiny bits and then simply just spit out the exhaust. The mechanic I talked to says he's replaced hundreds upon hundreds of sets and has yet to see any damage to any motor as a result of reed pedals breaking off.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does your bog happen? Does it matter between hard packed and powder?

My 1000 CF has been acting up. Over a grand into it trying to trouble shoot it.
Exhaust temp sensor was changed.
The throttle over ride was disconnected.
Secondary was rebuilt .
Mine would only bog (not shift right) in powder. Noticed snow and ice piled up under the secondary. Found a hole in my belly pan, rather a rip 4" long by 3/4" wide. I've riveted crazy carpet over the hole, but have yet to try it. Hope yours becomes a simple fix

maxandvin

Reaction score
I hope you get yours working too Ryan. Mine is definitely an "on throttle" bog. It shifts fine and has no issues between hard pack and powder. I feel like it is close to being right, it sounds way better after the power valve cable replacement, it has some of the "pop" back in the exhaust note. The consensus seems to be checking the reeds, so that is where I am off to next! Thanks everyone

Top Bottom