2011 Crossfire 800 WOT Bog

tyman212

Reaction score
Have you checked both exhaust valves to see if they are both moving freely. Maybe one isn't opening causing the bog you have.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We cleaned and adjusted them a few weeks ago but never checked for that. Will do so tomorrow and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So had some time to check exhaust valves this morning and they were a little bit out of spec (little loose) so I tightened them up to the spec of 1.377". When I had the cables off of the servomotor I pulled on each of them and the valves opened freely without binding so I didn't actually pull the valves apart, just adjusted cables. Took it out for a ride and gained about 150rpm, seen it hit 7740 whereas before it was 7600. So I adjusted the cables a bit tighter up to 1.35" (which is still within spec) thinking I might gain more rpm but didn't make a difference. I had it hitting and holding 8100rpm if you ease into the throttle, making me think it's not the exhaust valves causing the spitting and sputtering.

tyman212

Reaction score
Yeah if the cables are moving freely and adjusted correctly that shouldn't be your problem. I got my fuel pump assembly replace on warrenty and my sled is back to normal running strong again. But since you checked pressure multiple times and it was good it's hard to spend the money to replace the pump. I watched the video and it seems to have the same type of bog my sled had, wish I had taken a video of mine to compare.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we were actually up in mcbride this past weekend and the problem was so intermittent we still don't know what it is. It would run perfect for a while then start acting up again, then 5 minutes later would run perfect again! We were talking to glen at spindrift in mcbride and kinda figured it might be something funky within the wiring harness? It didn't matter if the sled was on an incline, decline or flat ground, the problem was so intermittent it makes it so hard to figure out! If we ever figure this mysterious problem I will post what fixed it up.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a buddy with a extra servo motor? I had this issue and i found it to be my servo had a intermittent problem. Maybe try and swap yours with a buddy's.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I pulled the servomotor off of my 2011 and tried it in his 2010, still the same issue occurring

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out your problem? MY 2007 M8
acts the same.

X2, my 09 1000 is doing the same. I ordered reeds to start there, changing them on friday. But looking like it could be something else. I have just under 4000kms on it, no major work out side of a new fuel pump, and the TPS is disconnected.

Let us know what you found. keeps us from chasing our tails.

:beer:

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
X2, my 09 1000 is doing the same. I ordered reeds to start there, changing them on friday. But looking like it could be something else. I have just under 4000kms on it, no major work out side of a new fuel pump, and the TPS is disconnected.

Let us know what you found. keeps us from chasing our tails.

:beer:

Any reed problems I've ever had affected the bottom end more than anything else so I haven't even considered them on mine since they are fairly new. Changing reeds is probably good idea anyways as Cats like to chip em.

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well. That was a waste of time. Pulled the old reeds out. They looked in great shape. I'll keep them as spares. Tossed the new ones in. And she still BOGS. At different RPM. Intermittent bog. When I pinned the throttle to the bars from a stand still rough as hell. Just blahhhh blahhhh blahhhh then b braaaap caught and went. Tried again and second time had a little hesitation. It seems to do when I hammer on the throttle. Any speed. If I ease in its good. If I hammer is bogs. ??????? Anyone got any ideas?

Top Bottom