Renters Insurance??

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Are you a Renter? If you answered Yes, then I have another question, Do you have renters insurance?

This ranges from $200 - $350 year for good renters insurance. This will cover you for about $100,000 worth of contents. That works out to $25.00 month.

Im in the insurance restoration business and was out all day (Oct 12) on a 4 unit townhouse fire on the north side of Edmonton. One condo is a total loss and one is about 1/2 gone, the other one has water and smoke damage and the end unit has minor water damage and some smoke damage. Only one unit had insurance. So those other people have nowhere to stay and nothing left, they have to start from scratch. Incidences like these make me shake my head sometimes, only if they would of had purchased insurance. Without being to harsh with my next thought. I was surprised afterwards when the tenants were all outside having cigarettes, but couldn't afford insurance and now have nothing to there name. Now these unfortunate people have to rely on the Red Cross to assist them. If they would of had insurance the insurance company's would put them in hotels and assist with everything, now there are obligated to get all there personal belongings out of the units so we can continue with the cleanup. This can all be avoided.

GreenHorn

Reaction score
we always had renters insurance, and now home owners insurance, you cant afford not to,
they said they could not afford insurance yet they could afford to smoke,, lol,, I guess we all choose our own demize,,

cheers,

Jeff :cool:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure do have renters insurance, its a small price to pay if the worst ever came to happen! Covered for way more than my contents, but thats okay too!

Wouldn't go without it!

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got it also!!!!! it has already saved me over 10 G's. i had my old truck broke into in the walmart parking lot, and it had all my sledding gear in it. plus a couple pairs of oakleys, blah, blah, blah. cost about $4500 to replace everything they took. renter's insurance covered it, no problem's. then about 2 years ago, my new truck was stolen, and again had tons of stuff in it, and when they found the vehicle, nothing left inside. again about $5000 worth of stuff in total, and covered by the renter's insurance again. PLUS, it's with the same company i have my truck with, and it dropped my truck insurance by $400 to have a $200 renter's policy because of multiple policies discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I cannot understand why people do not have insurance....appartently their lives must be perfect and nothing will happen to them

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heres a few pics, now this could be you or if your one of the neighbors do you think you would get away without any damage. Nope, One neighbour out with extensive damage to there upstairs and smoke damage to all the remainder of there suite including there contents. And the other side water damage to upstairs and basement contents and smoke damage throught. And the furthest away, smoke damage to there suite and contents.

To respect the privacy of the involved people, I wont post any pictures from inside.

Attachments

• oct12 008 (Small).jpg
    oct12 008 (Small).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 28
  • oct12 045 (Small).jpg
    oct12 045 (Small).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 20

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Always had insurance when i was renting..... I also had a bad house fire, when my mobile home burnt to the ground... Insurance paid for another one, and gave me a bunch of cash to furnish etc... Lost all my yearbooks, phot albums, records etc.... Memories lost! I feel for those people, but they should have had insurance!

Top Bottom