Renshaw Trail Bridge Repairs

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
September 14 and 15 looks like the days for repair. These bridges have to be done this year or we may not be able to put the groomer on them this winter. All materials have been purchased and looks like we will only need a few bodies to rip off the old decks and install the new. This is going to be a big job and help will be needed if we can get it. We will have a skidsteer there so far and a bridge enginner to supervise the install and demo. Will post more details next week.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Jay. will need the help if you can

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Ron and Lisa hope you can make it. have not seen you since snow.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I am not eating grain I will be there. Can bring an extra skidsteer if needed.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Repair work is still on for the weekend. We have all our materials and equipment. Just looking for some more bodies. Our house will be open for the weekend and the snowmobile club will be doing food for the workers. If we don't get these two bridge decks repaired, the groomer will not be able to cross them this winter.
September 14 and 15 looks like the days for repair. These bridges have to be done this year or we may not be able to put the groomer on them this winter. All materials have been purchased and looks like we will only need a few bodies to rip off the old decks and install the new. This is going to be a big job and help will be needed if we can get it. We will have a skidsteer there so far and a bridge enginner to supervise the install and demo. Will post more details next week.

Glory Hills Guy

Reaction score
Hello Judy

I will check with the other half tonight, and I am contacting some friends - about this weekend. How many bodies do you need? Please keep us posted as you secure "bodies".

Paul

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Ideally, we would like to see 12 to 15 helpers. We currently have four local volunteers (pretty well the same guys as always) and have put the call out for more. Helpers can stay at my house and we are having a BBQ at our house for the volunteers on Saturday. Thanks Paul
Hello Judy

I will check with the other half tonight, and I am contacting some friends - about this weekend. How many bodies do you need? Please keep us posted as you secure "bodies".

Paul

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hello everyone, sure hope you all have had a great summer. The McBride Snowmobile Club would really appreciate any one that is able to help, with the bridge repairs this weekend. I will also open my home to anyone needing a place to stay for the weekend that is willing to help us with the repairs. Please let me know if you require a place to stay this weekend. Thanks Leona
At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366
Repair work is still on for the weekend. We have all our materials and equipment. Just looking for some more bodies. Our house will be open for the weekend and the snowmobile club will be doing food for the workers. If we don't get these two bridge decks repaired, the groomer will not be able to cross them this winter.

Glory Hills Guy

Reaction score
Anybody?

We can't let this dedicated group down. 14 to 15 bodies is alot and not much chatter going on here. I am hopeful that people will still likely show up at the last minute but - don't want to leave it to that. I don't want to ride 27 kms of washboard (too old for that), or have the trail closed this winter.

Would anybody want to carpool out of the Edmonton area?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just off the combine, wondering how the work crew did today? Been thinking of sledding all day on the combine....

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I just spoke with one of the volunteers this am, there were only 5 helpers on Saturday and then 3 on Sunday. They were able to complete the bridges. Good work to those that volunteered, thank you very much. Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Just off the combine, wondering how the work crew did today? Been thinking of sledding all day on the combine....

Top Bottom