Renegade xxc1000

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my new quad. A 2013 renny 1000 has what I feel is premature wear. I went through it last night and was shocked. I'm running outlander stock tires. No spacers
And chewed through all a arm bushings. Wheels bearings. Sway bar bushings. Rear swing arm if flopping too. Rear drive shaft u joints too. Now I know it's powerful which can cause more wear but only 1600 km on this machine is bad. IMO. My gen 1 renny 800 was still tight at 5000km and I ran big tires and offset rims. Anyone else finding the same wear on there new gen2's ? Are there better bushings I can use to replace the eom stuff?? Not impressed. Of course the 1st year coverage is past and best extended doesn't cover wear parts.

Also I grease this machine after every few rides with marine grade grease.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hubby and I both have stock, can-ams, 2013 800 and 2013 650, both have had new bushings put in this year at about 2000kms. And we ride nice.lol. We come from years with Yamahas and Hondas and were also shocked by the repairs we have already had to do to the can-ams compared to the other brands.

tvdave

Reaction score
I have had to replace my "A" arm bushings in my 2013 Renegade already, but it has approx 2400 km on it. I went with Garage Product bushings for the front arms & rear sway bar. They are they best bushings on the market. The rest of my machine is still pretty tight. I ride my machine quite hard, so worn out parts are to be expected. I have had a 2009 Renegade & a 2004 Honda Foreman before this machine and they required parts as well. The Honda probably needed more wheel bearings & repairs per km than my Can Ams did. The only real piss off about my Can Am, is that the 2013 needed all brakes replaced after 110 km. That is complete bulls@&t.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had to replace my "A" arm bushings in my 2013 Renegade already, but it has approx 2400 km on it. I went with Garage Product bushings for the front arms & rear sway bar. They are they best bushings on the market. The rest of my machine is still pretty tight. I ride my machine quite hard, so worn out parts are to be expected. I have had a 2009 Renegade & a 2004 Honda Foreman before this machine and they required parts as well. The Honda probably needed more wheel bearings & repairs per km than my Can Ams did. The only real piss off about my Can Am, is that the 2013 needed all brakes replaced after 110 km. That is complete bulls@&t.
Thanks. I will look them up for better bushings. My brakes were gone around 200 km. no biggie. My aftermarket pads are still like new. The rest of the quad is worn out. Lol And the bushings are gonna take a lot more time than a few brake pads. Just sad that a 16 grand machine needs this much work. Maybe it's time to try a scramy 1000. Lol

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok you guys.... company called GARAGE PRODUCTS.... John makes only bushing kits and are cnc machined.... they are made out of a very strong and self lubercating... even thou you can still grease them.... they go in very tight and also come with a 4130 cro mo pin.... way cheaper then OEM... and 5 times as good.... I have mine in now for 4000 km and still tigher then a nuns .... you know what...haha John has a few of the GNCC riders on the bushings... and I know these guys... Jordan Phillips on can am has put over 1500 race miles on a renegade and still super tight...

you will love them.... that's the way it is for most can ams.... these bushings will solve that problem .... the u joints have to be greased AFTER EVERY RIDE to get the longest performance out of them... you be suprized on how much grease they will take after a 80 km ride.... I grease every ride.... got 6000k out of u joints....wheel bearings stick to OEM ... expensive but the cheap all balls ones don't last long ..... when you brake pads wear out ... get some sent to you out of the US from Race-Driven ...awesome price even with shipping... last as long or longer then EBC's but way cheaper...

www.race-driven.com

www.garageproductsatv.com

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Rode 2800 km this summer on my garage products bushings. They are still like new. Pounding the trails after this rainy summer was rough. All the tree roots have doubled in size from the rains. I just finished a fall service and still can't fit more than a little squirt of grease in them. When I do buy another machine they will go in day one ! Now tHe front end isn't floppng around my wheels bearings seem to last longer too. Only one has play in it..

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Rode 2800 km this summer on my garage products bushings. They are still like new. Pounding the trails after this rainy summer was rough. All the tree roots have doubled in size from the rains. I just finished a fall service and still can't fit more than a little squirt of grease in them. When I do buy another machine they will go in day one ! Now tHe front end isn't floppng around my wheels bearings seem to last longer too. Only one has play in it..
I have a full set of GP bushings sitting in my cabinet for the new Renny already. Brakes seem to be upgraded over past models....my 07 and my 12 were down to metal after the first weekend in the mud....lots on my new one still.

Top Bottom