removing the foam under the hood and side panels?

fersch

Reaction score
Why would you remove the foam from under the panels? Just bought a new pro climb sno pro and seen a tread about doing that. Whats the purpose? Is it over heating? is it a good idea?

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gets heat and moisture out of the engine room. adding vents is good as well to get the clutch temps down.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you remove the foam from under the panels? Just bought a new pro climb sno pro and seen a tread about doing that. Whats the purpose? Is it over heating? is it a good idea?

Lots of ppl claim weight lost as in when the foam is fully of water it is much heavier.

Big thing I noticed was noise, I did half way into the season and I kept stopping to check under the hood as I could hear allot more chatter and clicking from the clutches. I will be removing the foam on my new PRO but it will be done before i ride it so it will always sound the same.

Boostmonkey

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i removed foam from belt area just to help with removal/ install of belt. other then that the foam does keep sound in and keeps the plastic from heating up and getting soft

Top Bottom