Redwater

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the trails are like?

Deep snow? Would a 2wd quad have fun?

Thinking of going out on Sunday.... gotta test out the new ride and my buddy wants to come but just has a 2wd....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was going to say the same thing, they are called snowmobile trails for a reason, sledders pay for them, and maintain them, :nono::nono:wait till the snows gone then they are all yours. please.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono::nono:yes the trials get screwed by quadders in the winter, sorry but stay of the trails!!

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Bruderheim, far as I can tell no groomed trails only quad tracks and when I was there a few times there was not a sled in sight. I will probably see you out there this weekend because i want to break-in my new toy!

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Bruderheim, far as I can tell no groomed trails only quad tracks and when I was there a few times there was not a sled in sight. I will probably see you out there this weekend because i want to break-in my new toy!

:nono: :eek: Since when has the Redwater Natural Area been closed to the use of Quads in the winter time, this is not part of the snowmobile trail system.:confused: It is an all use area, open to all types of users, and yes even for the ones that want to walk in as well, and if they do not wish to be bothered by the machines they can use the fenced off area that was set aside for the horse riders, on the South and West side of the Area, that is a no Quad/snomobile/offroad use area.

Bruce.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, what about bruderhiem? i wanna go out saturday, and girlfriend wants to take her new toy for a spin...

where are the winter staging areas in bruderheim?

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, what about bruderhiem? i wanna go out saturday, and girlfriend wants to take her new toy for a spin...

where are the winter staging areas in bruderheim?

If you want we could meet up Saturday and I could show you. :d I could break my quad in Saturday with you guys

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is no snowmobile trail system there

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out there on Monday and the snow was pretty deep and we made a pretty big mess in a few spots. I was expecting the trails to be packed down by lots of use, but in some places the trail was completely impassible by quad and we were forced to turn around.

As for the trail grooming thing... I can respect that sledders invest in trail grooming, but if they can "claim" a trail system simply by grooming it, then in all fairness we should be able to reclaim it by ripping it up? That hardly sounds fair to either of us. Remeber guys, we don't have a lot of places to ride anywhere near Edmonton in winter, so we're all being hearded into Bruderheim - it would be nice to have a little variety. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out there on Monday and the snow was pretty deep and we made a pretty big mess in a few spots. I was expecting the trails to be packed down by lots of use, but in some places the trail was completely impassible by quad and we were forced to turn around.

As for the trail grooming thing... I can respect that sledders invest in trail grooming, but if they can "claim" a trail system simply by grooming it, then in all fairness we should be able to reclaim it by ripping it up? That hardly sounds fair to either of us. Remeber guys, we don't have a lot of places to ride anywhere near Edmonton in winter, so we're all being hearded into Bruderheim - it would be nice to have a little variety. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Maybe we will just stick to some open fields with only a littlebit of snow

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if there is a groomed trail system in place i can assure you that the snowmobile club is paying to have it there, they dont just go out a groom an area for funzies. the jack pine system i know is under a lease agrement from the government for the winter months and they pay for it therfore it is theres for those few months, thus the requirement for trail passes, if you areon the system while under lease without trail passes you are in fact tresspassing and it is punishable by law. just saying. if there is a groomed system in place the sledders are paying for it. regardless of wether it is crown land or not, somebody is still getting their piece of pie from the club. and we would appreciate it if it wasnt ripped up by qaudders.

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if there is a groomed trail system in place i can assure you that the snowmobile club is paying to have it there, they dont just go out a groom an area for funzies. the jack pine system i know is under a lease agrement from the government for the winter months and they pay for it therfore it is theres for those few months, thus the requirement for trail passes, if you areon the system while under lease without trail passes you are in fact tresspassing and it is punishable by law. just saying. if there is a groomed system in place the sledders are paying for it. regardless of wether it is crown land or not, somebody is still getting their piece of pie from the club. and we would appreciate it if it wasnt ripped up by qaudders.

Not to be rude or ignorant, but I've never seen "groomed trails" at Redwater. Also everytime I have been there there have been numerous machines out there, probably a 8:1 ratio of quads to snowmobiles.

Also there is no posted signs or rules stating that it is off limits to quads during the winter months. Otherwise I'd have no issues obeying.

Top Bottom