red deer suds buds, kick start the summer campout

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may or may not need a large area, no idea on who is coming out, a few no's a lot of maybe's. cut off creek would be good only i have no idea if there are any large campimg areas. :beer:

phyliss lake it is then.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well i was thinkin philyis lake [ nice big open area just off the power-pipe line ] , or southfork [ in the old campground group area ] ect....

mabe 8 -2a [ nice big area to hold up, well ok a bunch of smaller areas but could take over them all ] or the lease site just before 8-2

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not interested in phyliss lake, don't like riding farm fields and power lines, to many friggin fences, prarie creek is much the same for me, way to many fences and gates to open.

my thoughts are cut-off creek, corkscrew mtn area, shell plant area south of bearberry turnoff on 734.

besides you are one of the friggin maybe's make up your mind. :p

just for you we will go to phyliss lake, you are so demanding tex.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not interested in phyliss lake, don't like riding farm fields and power lines, to many friggin fences, prarie creek is much the same for me, way to many fences and gates to open.

my thoughts are cut-off creek, corkscrew mtn area, shell plant area south of bearberry turnoff on 734.

besides you are one of the friggin maybe's make up your mind. :p

huh i need to show ya around both phillis lake and southfork then.... see one fence at phillis and it open all the time......

its a nice good ride from phillis to swan lake the back way....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh i need to show ya around both phillis lake and southfork then.... see one fence at phillis and it open all the time......

its a nice good ride from phillis to swan lake the back way....

been to both, may not have been on all the trails but what i saw, didn't turn the kings crank, ride a mile open a fence, make the loop do it again. so you going or not? closer would be better for the day riders, what is that lease past caroline like? although it is still close to rig street, and i have rode that way a few, only saw one fish copper.
i'll make up my mind this weekend, next weekend 3-4-5 is supposed to be sunny.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was out by bearberry last weekend and just awsome riding, its on bearberry road and burntstick lake road, big open area to camp and just a good enviroment, trails vary aswell, really good to just straight out nasty! if anyone is ever down for near there il go whenever thats my new signature spot and its great

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been to both, may not have been on all the trails but what i saw, didn't turn the kings crank, ride a mile open a fence, make the loop do it again. so you going or not? closer would be better for the day riders, what is that lease past caroline like? although it is still close to rig street, and i have rode that way a few, only saw one fish copper.
i'll make up my mind this weekend, next weekend 3-4-5 is supposed to be sunny.

awsome u can go to rig street, phillis , swan ect.... kind of in the middle [ 8-2 or 8-2a spots ]

huh rig street is copper central............ every weekend

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like anywhere on rig street is out for the next while, under water, and everyone is stuck, need higher ground. guess phyliss lake it is. who is in friggin tex you better be, :p we need entertainment now. :d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like anywhere on rig street is out for the next while, under water, and everyone is stuck, need higher ground. guess phyliss lake it is. who is in friggin tex you better be, :p we need entertainment now. :d

ya i will try to talk to the wife into it.. we are campin this weekend also so

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea bud is going to phyliss as we speak, truck weighs a few extra tons now. may head out for saturday if i can get organized.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really dont think it"ll matter where ya'll go.....you will spend most of your time swimming anyways :p

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what was the decision, where is this camp out going to be held?

looks like rig street area is out, it's underwater, will go to phylis lake, just west of caroline. i'll get directions tomorrow.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Directions to Phyllis are easy. Turn off highway on Phyllis Lake road, go up big hill to the left , follow road until it curves to the left and theres a big open spot right there. Git er done!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but were not going to the lake campground.....

Larry get your bud to go up the power line [ go straight north till the hill and go right and follow it around till the road stops at a big open area , then u have to cross a cattle guard , left turn in the road, right turn in the road then big area ] its like a big grass group area....

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but were not going to the lake campground.....

Larry get your bud to go up the power line [ go straight north till the hill and go right and follow it around till the road stops at a big open area , then u have to cross a cattle guard , left turn in the road, right turn in the road then big area ] its like a big grass group area....

Duh....that wasnt directions to the lake....I have never even seen the lake there.Theres only one big hill when you come around the corner and go up it.

Top Bottom