red deer suds buds campouts

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have room for 2 and was thinking about getting under way at 3:30 pm from Lacombe/ Red Deer area with fast stop at RMH coffee.

If anyone wants to tag along you can text me at Four 03-352-354 Nine.

Don

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish the meeting was Friday, only working 4 days a week so can't afford to take time off. Never been there quading but did some random camping and would hate to see it closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish the meeting was Friday, only working 4 days a week so can't afford to take time off. Never been there quading but did some random camping and would hate to see it closed.

yup I have rode atv's , sleds all through there, over the years, but since the PLUZ zones have come into effect, riding area's are limited. and if this gets pushed through we never will be able to ride there. Sad but the vocal minority runs our lives.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who likes riding ATV,s or Sleds in the Nordegg area should be aware of the attempt to get the area reclassified as a Wildland Park. We dont have many details yet but I'm sure it will severely restrict ATV,s snowmobiles and random camping. There is a meeting on Wednesday April 27 at 7:30 in the Nordegg Community hall and we are trying to get enough support to stop this or at least limit it. If Wildland Park status for Nordegg isnt in your best intrest I would hope to see you wednesday.
Brent
any more info about this meeting is it open to public?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One would think it is since theres only 2 people and 7 dogs that live in town. Ha.

I'm sure Brent would not invite us if it wasn't an open house as he mentioned that its at the community hall, there is no way the powers to be would have a closed door session at that hall. More like a Quonset Machine Shed if any thing, that is if its the one I'm thinking it is as you drive into town on your right hand side.

Pal Don

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called out there, was told it was open meeting, the alberta wilderness association is putting on an info meeting, looking to drum up support. I'm afraid they will be going to nuttly sooner than later. be good to find out what they are up too now.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why .... Because of one meeting at nordegg ...?
Lots of places to ride ... Lots !
It would be nice to see our RV dealers / truck dealers / toy dealers get involved... They benefit the most out of the $$$ we spend to go out and play !!
Where are they ??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's west of the trunk road they want to close, problem is that's just a start and a in the door to close east

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have camped a lot at bighorn , a lot . On a long werkend there are what , let's say 500 units ( toys , trucks, RV etc ) at let's say conservatively @ 100,000$ a unit ... Or 50 million $$
Now multiple that over the west side of the province ... The # s are staggering ... As well as the employment and spin off in all of Alberta . That's why I would like to see some large rv / toy/ truck enterprises get involved!!

Do we want to take that out of the economy , and shut down more buisness??
That is our ammunition, and Imo we don't use it near enough....!

Top Bottom