red deer suds buds campouts

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
los of snow here, no grass showing, supreme sledding, Ranger ride in a few days.
Really? Wowzers....no moisture out here south of Sylvan. I was moving dirt, pounding fence posts all weekend....grey and cool, but no moisture.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In SE cowtown, we got a snow/rain mix yesterday. Rained a couple of times today and possibly more tomorrow

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
We need about 4 days of light / moderate rain mixed with some snow. I was cruising for coyotes and the sloughs and creek beds are pretty low

Nordeggab

Reaction score
Anyone who likes riding ATV,s or Sleds in the Nordegg area should be aware of the attempt to get the area reclassified as a Wildland Park. We dont have many details yet but I'm sure it will severely restrict ATV,s snowmobiles and random camping. There is a meeting on Wednesday April 27 at 7:30 in the Nordegg Community hall and we are trying to get enough support to stop this or at least limit it. If Wildland Park status for Nordegg isnt in your best intrest I would hope to see you wednesday.
Brent

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll go to this to see what's going on Brent.

Thanks for the heads up since we need to curb the many that are coming our way. Coalman was just the start of issues ahead. 5 more zones that will limit our out-door activities here in Alberta.

Pal lem

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Anyone who likes riding ATV,s or Sleds in the Nordegg area should be aware of the attempt to get the area reclassified as a Wildland Park. We dont have many details yet but I'm sure it will severely restrict ATV,s snowmobiles and random camping. There is a meeting on Wednesday April 27 at 7:30 in the Nordegg Community hall and we are trying to get enough support to stop this or at least limit it. If Wildland Park status for Nordegg isnt in your best intrest I would hope to see you wednesday.
Brent

That would sure take a lot of money away from nordegg. I would hope it doesn't go through

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brent
Yell, Wayne and Brent that live there to go postal lol

Friggin greenys

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the vision statement for the Bighorm Wildland Park ALL motorized recreational activity would be banned.

Vision

• AWA is seeking Wildland Park protection for the Bighorn as was promised by the Alberta government in 1986.
  • Boundaries of the Bighorn Wildland Recreation Area, as delineated in 1986 by the government of Alberta, must be upheld, and the area protected under legislation as a Wildland Park.
  • No surface access for industrial development within the Wildland.
  • No motorized recreation within the Wildland.
  • In the adjacent transition zone the Environmentally Significant Areas (ESAs) and Critical Wildlife Zones must be placed under moratorium until proper assessment has been conducted to identify areas requiring protection. Surface disturbance must not be allowed within these areas.
  • Any industrial activities occurring within the transition zone must be conducted with the highest standard.

I found this on-line and is not my quote !

Edited: One should remember that the above is a proposal of 1986 since much has changed over the years. Not much scenes over thinking things until we hear what they have to say at the Nordegg meeting.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would be nice to have a snow n mud rep there?

as this is serious chit happening here. they want to close down the eastern slopes from Lethbridge to north of Blackstone pluz. area north of Nordeg to sleds and atv's. forever

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll try to get my ass over there as well, good thing Ray let me know about it. Thanks for posting Brent, so 6:30 on Wed. Odd that i had heard nothing at all on this until now, nothing on mainstream media etc. locally ..or otherwise..

Top Bottom