red deer suds buds campouts

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Project Onda skid plate is completed.

After market military grade aluminum skidder was $365 bla bla bla as the factory chunk of crap plastic was $71.20 shipping and tax in,,, many pals here know how frugal Lem Lamb runs. "crap plastic wins."

Plus I can fix old skidder plate too have on hand for next beaver dam crossing stuff.

No need for military grade nothing in my world un-less it's attached to my 2 wheel drive Ford with steel cattle catcher in the box with 2 Aberdeen Angus locked up. Ha.

They seam to like aluminum as they darn near liked all the paint off the truck box floor,,, "good Kows they are as they improve the quality of it for re-sale down the road.

Reporting from coffee shack some where out west looking for snow,,," it was winter yesterday, but looks like someone changed that plan." LOL

Lamb Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might get a chance today too set up Ohnda with all season tracks.

Nothing like breaking threw ice in a swamp too find out that the warn winch with snatch block won't pull it out, Ha.

Always good times when stuck with boots full of ice water in the winter.

Deffinatly know your awake when the boots start to fill. LOL

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well to stop that wet feeling, you can put a few well placed holes in bottom of boots to drain the crude.

best to put screen over holes, in boots, so you can retain the fish caught, for lunch fine bunch of multi tasking going on. lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, multi task every day bro, Ha.

Just rigged up new winter boots for 2 wdr Ford F-150, and sized up tire chains too pull out stuck 4x4 can-am's,,, these Ford's rock at multi task as they can be a truck one day then land fill the next, LOL.

Best thing that could happen is that Ford starts making these trucks in China since they are all about quality,,, it's what I thought I heard. Ha.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire chains on 2X Ford are coming in handy today out west on the icy roads.

Looks like Winntummer is a go, and global warming is gooder, Ha.

Pal and I are cruising the frozen cut lines of endless as we check out areas that had no OHV traffic all summer.

Living the dream today in 1st gear, lost pal Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire chains on 2X Ford are coming in handy today out west on the icy roads.

Looks like Winntummer is a go, and global warming is gooder, Ha.

Pal and I are cruising the frozen cut lines of endless as we check out areas that had no OHV traffic all summer.

Living the dream today in 1st gear, lost pal Lem

was wondering if pal lem lost!

Who WON????????:confused:
icon12.gif

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So icy holes that were broken up once or twice are frozen over "some-what", but areas where snow-cover is have left marshy spots soft,,, Ha,,, dam soft.

Looks like the heavy units are finding these holes for us as we are able to jump around them easy with our little Onda farm quads.

Low snow level still in 99% of the areas we travelled, and good things we have quad chains too climb the hills.

+2c by afternoon as temps stayed good till sun down at -4 no wind,,, not that wind mattered as we we're mostly in the trees.

Lots of critter tracks and the Hunters are doing their thing as big game harvest comes to a close.

Day 2 I hope is looking good as we take up what we missed out on. 1000's of un touched kms of cut lines in this small block.

The dream takes place 1 cut-line at a time.

From new skid plate Lem, LOL.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was wondering if things had frozen? hasn't been cold enough yet! and any snow cover will stop the frost from going down. may be a little dangerous crossing the frozen puddles, can't see them for leaf cover and could be instant high side flip overs.

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found a massive swamp that most likely will not freeze this winter.

Stagnant water, snow cover, heating under snow, and not cold enough at this stage of the game, but maybe I'm guessing wrong.

-4c all day with light breeze and damp air,,, burrrrr is a under statement,,, Ha,,, my throttle thumb is still frozen. Hand grip warmer and Harley Davidson windscreen on order towmorow.

Bon fire lunch was pretty big as we needed to get global warming under way, extra hot hot on days like this.

Our plan was to ride the open cut-line areas, but tree cut blocks worked better since it feels warmer with no wind chasing us down.

Both Onda farm quad rims and brakes are frozen Muskeg with nill for stopping,,, Ha,,, lucky we only have 3 more days on this outting.

Reporting from corner of dark cut block on the edges of a square planet Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holly crap bat-man, Onda quads don't like "Winntummer".

Ice on most creeks and small rivers worked out too 1 1/2" too 2" there or abouts/ give or take.

"Always test hole with axe too make sure folks.

Most Muskeg crossing are a go," caution" too all when getting going as its wize to watch for swamp water that runs into tracks,,, if the tracks fill fast, get back to dry land, Ha.

Older pal likes me too pave the way since my unit is light, and its easy for him to retrieve me as he has many years of Ft Mac training in these low lands.

All good as quads are now frozen till spring and parts are protected from damage under ice, Ha.

Time to add bar and thumb warmers and wind screen. Burrrrr makes the outting un-enjoyable when my eye brows freeze shut, Ha.

Pal Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha, the marbles dam near froze up the last few days Imdoo'n. LOL

New larger quad box too pack hermit if needed, grip warmers getting installed, and caribou wind screen will be in soon. Might get time to start on track install too.

Bring on Winntummer as Lem Lamb is ready to chase down those fast skidoo 850's, Ha.

Hope they don't stop on the trails since my brakes won't be working till spring of 2017. LOL.

Cabin on wheels needs a re-orginize thing after last 4 day outting out west, sure nice waking up warm every morning as little 1000 Watt gen-set keeps things toasty.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remembered how to keep cabin on wheels ice free when parked outside.

Plug in cab oil heater into out-let that makes for no cleaning of widows and the cab is toasty warm, Ha.

800 Watt heater is my good morning friend.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bet! it is getting a little frosty on the pumpkin in the am.

bud that was west of Caroline, loaded up and moved out to warmer part of BC.
tired of the -30 crappola.

Top Bottom