Recommend me a good cover

mikey1

Reaction score
I am in need of a new sled cover as I have now torn two BRP covers now. I travel at least 1200 kilos everytime I sled in the mountains. sled is on a deck and I make sure the straps are tight. Any good travel covers that you recommend

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sno skinz..Lifetime warranty,,triple stitched, and good thick fabric with rip stops.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What cover you have or had I guess? I use a BRP on mine and usually 1100 km's on average each time I go to the mountains s also and have never had a problem. Knock on wood. Countless trips to Swanhills last year which is 2.5 to 3 hours each way as well. Also on a deck. Wonder if different material or stitching?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp covers are junk. I can't figure why they sell a ten inch riser but not a cover that fits a sled with a ten inch riser on it!??
I stopped pulling mine all the way down over the front bumper so it doesn't pull on the seams by the handle bars so much. Then I put a bunjee cord over the slack in the nose, bah what a joke. I check out this "sno skins" next I think.

Kelso

Reaction score
I have a plastic cover over the important stuff, but it stays there while riding too ;)

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the same cover as my sled came with 2008 summit. I put a minimum of 3 extra bungie cords across it and around the handlebars to take all the flap out of it. 3 extra minutes has saved me $$$ on tarps.

What makes me wonder is why do so many riders not tarp their sleds? Guess that's a topic for another thread not this one.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they have enclosed trailers??

I had a stock tarp on my 2008 XP and it shredded in one trip. You have to bungee the carpet them, but they still have single stitch and paper thin material.

Buddy has a new one with the side cuffs, his is also shredding..

Spend another 30 dollars and get quality. IMO.

I have the same cover as my sled came with 2008 summit. I put a minimum of 3 extra bungie cords across it and around the handlebars to take all the flap out of it. 3 extra minutes has saved me $$$ on tarps.

What makes me wonder is why do so many riders not tarp their sleds? Guess that's a topic for another thread not this one.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where do you get these Skins tarps from??? I have a couple of Skandics that need covers. Do they make extra large for those FAT GIRLS. (Its all about the bass).

Attachments

• 950063 skandic.jpg
    950063 skandic.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Top Bottom