Recession just around the corner?

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CN Rail just called back more Employees....again. so, somewhere somebody is requesting more stuff to move . Lumber Mill in my town Hornepayne, Ont. was shut down for a year and now new buyer has called back a lot of workers. WE are moving traffic ! Coast to Coast !

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon tax across Canada will hit hard, Coal shut down in the West and Power supplier sell off in the East will double down the show.

Oh well, green city's will choose the wrong path as they find out that the lights will get turned off as they work in the dark putting up the "Broke and for Sale signs." Ha.

Canada will be an expensive place to live, and we ain't seen nothering yet.

Pessimistic, Optimistic or Realistic depending on what hour or day I use my noodle.

Lem

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something is going on for sure. Getting rail space from Edmonton to P.Rupert for sea cans is crazy! Need to move 200 x '20 ft ctrs between now and February to China and tough to get er done. Very frustrating!

CN Rail just called back more Employees....again. so, somewhere somebody is requesting more stuff to move . Lumber Mill in my town Hornepayne, Ont. was shut down for a year and now new buyer has called back a lot of workers. WE are moving traffic ! Coast to Coast !

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Still busy in trucking hired 10 new guys in the last 6 weeks shuffled some trucks around between terminals bought 6 new ones.....didn't make a dent still flat out turning work away

Was reading about the housing market today predicting a house crash in 2017 because all the mortgage heavy people are going to be selling out from trying to ride out the storm after selling their toys, vehicles, giving up vacations still carrying to much debt and will be forced to sell out .

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carbon tax across Canada will hit hard, Coal shut down in the West and Power supplier sell off in the East will double down the show.

Oh well, green city's will choose the wrong path as they find out that the lights will get turned off as they work in the dark putting up the "Broke and for Sale signs." Ha.

Canada will be an expensive place to live, and we ain't seen nothering yet.

Pessimistic, Optimistic or Realistic depending on what hour or day I use my noodle.

Lem

Coal mines reopening in Tumbler Ridge area.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad but not surprising.....
The fact is the economic stimulus plan the Libs thought would work .... Didn't !
Now , deeper in debt and putting our economy head to head against an unbridled US economy is not a pretty sight ....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW ... The repercussions of this are going to
Be felt for s long long time .
Unbelievable lack of economic foresight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
anyone else hear that Quebec has got lots of drilling rigs fired up right now pulling out oil?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone else hear that Quebec has got lots of drilling rigs fired up right now pulling out oil?

My neighbour has been over there moving rigs for years. Way busier there then here rig wise

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My neighbour has been over there moving rigs for years. Way busier there then here rig wise

so when do we (Alberta) start getting our royalty cheques from them????

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting as the Baker Hughes rig count shows 0 while BOE report shows 2 for eastern Canada?

Top Bottom