rebuild 2011 skidoo 800 motor

mastin

Reaction score
Looking for advice where best place and what you would do to rebuild 2011 summit sp 800 motor think its basically top end was road off lake last year on 1 piston definitely needs a rebuild. Thanks in advance. My daughter in law is doing this for my son.

mastin

Reaction score
sorrymy dumb just talking to my daughter in law sled is 2009 with 163 track.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can PM KORE on here and he sells top end kits. Well he did 2 years ago when I bought mine. Uses quality products and gives good prices. OR you can check ebay and kijiji

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with the dealership there was a recall for a top end on that year of sled might get it done on warranty.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with the dealership there was a recall for a top end on that year of sled might get it done on warranty.

That was the etec not a ptec. Give Deano670 on here a call he does good work and is a fair guy. Search for Mad Motorsports on here you will find deanos number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the etec was available in the sp that year. Upon a little research it was the p tec.

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can get him, Tom Motts Motts machining. My buddy blew his Ptek twice in one year Tom put a BB in and the thing has been a monster ever since

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
there is no way of knowing what the cause was until it gets taken apart. Could be minor repair, could be major. i would take it to the pros at a dealer and have them look at it. They can give you a plan to get the machine back into riding shape,

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no way of knowing what the cause was until it gets taken apart. Could be minor repair, could be major. i would take it to the pros at a dealer and have them look at it. They can give you a plan to get the machine back into riding shape,

A dealer is the last place I would take a machine that's off warranty. Stock parts are not always better. A dealer would put in single ring pistons, where now is the time to upgrade to dual ring. But that is just me.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dealer is the last place I would take a machine that's off warranty. Stock parts are not always better. A dealer would put in single ring pistons, where now is the time to upgrade to dual ring. But that is just me.

Agree, and there are BRP Tech's out there that aren't working at dealers, and generally cost about half the price for the work.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You can always get something done cheaper, But I'm gonna humour your opinion. Explain to me in detail the benefits of a dual ring piston. Please include specifics of brands.... Also the proven reliability of the dual ring over the single.. Root cause of failure of this machine is the only thing that matters. We can always throw parts at them. IMHO there are a lot of great non-dealer techs out there, but few the compounding years like a large dealership. i.e. One dude working vs a team of techs that all have different experience.

Agree, and there are BRP Tech's out there that aren't working at dealers, and generally cost about half the price for the work.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can always get something done cheaper, But I'm gonna humour your opinion. Explain to me in detail the benefits of a dual ring piston. Please include specifics of brands.... Also the proven reliability of the dual ring over the single.. Root cause of failure of this machine is the only thing that matters. We can always throw parts at them. IMHO there are a lot of great non-dealer techs out there, but few the compounding years like a large dealership. i.e. One dude working vs a team of techs that all have different experience.
You quoted the wrong person... My point was there, are guys out there, that have been working at dealers for years, are accredited Techs or Master Techs but have gone out and started their own shop, and charge less.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch. Was just pointing out that the dealer will more then likely be more money and they probably won't update the pistons. There is a lot of engine builders that say the dual ring help with top end engine life. Like I said that's just me and if you don't like it you don't need to listen!

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, because the second time I towed it back it was a fresh rebuild from a very well known dealer in E town in which he got about 70 km on it, before I had to dawn my AMA towing hat

C

Top Bottom