Rear left CV joint clicking

mudhunter

Reaction score
A few rides ago my 06 660 started clicking when in reverse. It seems to be coming from the rear left axle... Alta cycle wants $406 for the rear left axle... Anyone know if these things can be rebuilt or am I left to replacing it.. Would it be good practice to change both and keep the right one as a spare?
Any other ideas on where to get the part cheaper?

Mudhunter

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
a few rides ago my 06 660 started clicking when in reverse. It seems to be coming from the rear left axle... Alta cycle wants $406 for the rear left axle... Anyone know if these things can be rebuilt or am i left to replacing it.. Would it be good practice to change both and keep the right one as a spare?
Any other ideas on where to get the part cheaper?

Mudhunter

the left drive axle usually wear out quicker on these. You can get the axles new from e-bay for $179 usd + shipping..... I bought a used one from new york for $50.00 usd + shipping and it only had 500 kms on it. I believe you can get the parts seperately if you're motivated, but they still aint cheap. Let us know how you make out.

CAPTAIN MORGANS SPICED

Reaction score
I bought a brand new axle from e-bay and saved about 1/2 the price of one in Calgary or Edmonton. Had a friend rebuild his axle(put on an inner joint) and still cost more than my complete new axle from e-bay.

mudhunter

Reaction score
That's great info.... Thanks alot!! I'm going to check out some online deals later on today... Man do we ever get screwed up here for parts..

Mudhunter

Top Bottom