Ready to ride sled "weight" video

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Ready to ride weigths video

That Polaris sure swelled up...only 3 lbs lighter than the XM.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great video. Was with two buddies on 2014 cats and they really do care much less snow buildup. Pro and Ski-doo could use a lesson there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great video. Was with two buddies on 2014 cats and they really do care much less snow buildup. Pro and Ski-doo could use a lesson there.

a lesson in what? no one seems to know why it actually holds less snow. its not like they are using some magic coating.

rmscustom

Reaction score

Another BS biased weight video made to favor the brand that made it. What ruins the credibility for me is the rtr weight without snow is way heavier on the Pro (27lbs) and XM (18lbs) compared to other sources that weighed them, including AC's BS video last year. You'd think that since they're in bed together they could of got that right. lol
To visualize 124lbs of snow/ice build up think of going to the gas station and buying 12 10lb bags of ice and strap them to your sled or dumping 3 5 gallon pails full of water on your garage floor to simulate what that would look like thawed off your sled when you get home.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Absence of the rear cooler probably has some to do with it. Never the less, it is something they can look at improving. That being said, I was going to pull the trigger on a viper next year but decided to stick with doo after my last ride where I was able to throw a leg over one and compare side by side with my xm. All the weight dicussions go out the window as far as I am concerned if the ergonomics are fighting the weight.
a lesson in what? no one seems to know why it actually holds less snow. its not like they are using some magic coating.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 13 cat last year and it did carry less snow. Im not sure exactly why and I definitely take these vids with a grain of salt because they are all a little warped in some way but it was visually evident to me in person. It is a marketing edge and I don't blame them at all for running with it. Do I think it makes a huge difference? No

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy with a pro climb and it has just much snow as the next sled! But lately it hasn't had any snow built up it stays in a heated shop, getting the second motor of the year put in it lol! It's a bigger peace of crap then that video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been bitten, does anyone have a Viper antidote?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny the magazine had the Doo models mixed up calling it an X when in fact it was an SP. Hard to believe these sleds put that much snow weight on them in the course of the day? Interesting.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Absence of the rear cooler probably has some to do with it. Never the less, it is something they can look at improving. That being said, I was going to pull the trigger on a viper next year but decided to stick with doo after my last ride where I was able to throw a leg over one and compare side by side with my xm. All the weight dicussions go out the window as far as I am concerned if the ergonomics are fighting the weight.

Riding one for a day on their demo ride in a couple of weeks so I am going to check that out. My buddy that bleeds yamaha aranged it wants me to tell him if it is good as my doo. lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what looks kind of phony in the vid is that they are riding in pretty fluffy powder, but when the sleds are hanging it looks like really wet sticky snow....especially on the pro and the xm. where they are weighing the sleds look at the snow, it looks really wet and heavy like spring, the snow in the viper skid looks like snow they were riding in.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

and where's the cat? maybe it's a part of their technology sharing agreement that they do not try to compare similar models? wasn't there a cat video with much the same premise? marketing is subjective I guess

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking that they rode the sleds up top and then brought them down to a lower elevation to weigh them? Its peaked my interest enough that I am going to pay more attention to how much snow is on the sleds around me on the hill from now on.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact the pro piles up more snow on the tunnel then the xm or arctic cats and i think as well as all my riding buddies that it was to do with the aluminum tunnels compared to the powder coated ones of the competitor. Now 124 pounds worth? i don't know about that lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need some deicing boots like the airplanes. pop a switch and off goes the snow and ice lol. would be like hittn the nitrous if you instantly lost 100 lbs lol

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The back end of my sled usually looks like a giant snow ball. No wonder why the snow jack i bought broke in two.

Top Bottom