Re: What To Carry On Your Sleds

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: What To Carry On Your Sleds

I KNOW EVERYONE HAS PUT THEIR TWO CENTS INTO "WHAT TO CARRY IN YOUR BACKPACK".... NOW, WHAT DO YOU CARRY ON YOUR SLED??? :confused:
MY '99 SUMMIT 670X MOD I CARRY:

1) A WAY TOO BIG TOOL CASE; WITH METRIC AND SAE WRENCHES AND SOCKETS / SCREWDRIVERS / VISE GRIPS / BLACK TAPE / DUCT TAPE / EXTRA W/SHIELD GROMMETS / ELECTRICAL CONECTORS / MISC EXHAUST SPRINGS / EXHAUST SPRING TOOL / MISC BOLTS, NUTS, WASHERS / EXTRA PULL ROPE / JACK KNIFE / EXACTO KNIFE / HI-TEMP SILICONE / HOSE CLAMPS / TIE STRAPS / GASLINE AND VACUUM HOSES /
2) THE STOCK TOOL KIT
3) 2 EXTRA DRIVE BELTS(CAN HOOK ONE OVER THE SKIIS IF NEEDED, TO HELP SLOW DOWN DEAD SLEDS)
4) ICE SCRAPER FOR RUNNING BOARDS
5) FIRST-AID KIT
6) FLASHLITE
7) SAW
8) GASLINE A/F
9) EXTRA HEADLITE AND TAILLITE
10) REGISTRATION, INSURANCE, LICENSE PLATE, AND OF COURSE THE ASA TRAIL PASS

I KNOW THIS WAS OVERKILL(EXPECIALLY THE TOOLKIT) BUT WE FIXED MANY A BROKEN SLEDS IN THE MOUNTAINS

WHAT SHOULD A GUY CARRY IN A NEW SLED??

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
SummitRic

SummitRic is a Mechanic and he brings most of his tool chest with him. He had to move up to a RT1000 in order to have the power to haul all the tools.
That being said, it was my sled that we tore the head off of in mountians and he has been the "go to" guy for many a broken sled we've come across.
Some people don't leave home without thier Visa...I take SummitRic
:clap2:

GRD

Reaction score
Hauling Tools

My dad takes a ton of tools and parts. He halls everything on is 1999 700 RMK 144 track. It is amazing where he takes that thing with all the tools. He actual trying selling and may buy a 900 RMK. Everyone that he rides with has 800 or 900's.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hauling tools

GetR'Done, I have lifted you dads (Bad Ass) backpack (approx 35 pounds) plus, Also as you may or not remember all the tools in the tank bags, & axe & other items under the hood.For all the years I have rode w/Bad Ass I have not once seen him have to fix his own sled, But have seen him fix & get alot of other sleds out of the hills, Also he hauls aboard a set of gears & chain & CDI box.Like we have said before if Bad Ass doesn't have it.. You don't need it ! Always a presure riding w/Him & the rest of the yous. I am rigging Big foot with 8" rise to the bar as last years rise was not enough. I will give the Crazy Kid my old lift to get his up as his is still low for him (them long arms)

06 900 rmk - Big Foot

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to the site,looks great. Lots of good info. Last week we rode in Radium ,buddy broke his stearing tie rod "roge tree branch shark" 2006 REV 600.We hammered a screwdriver bit "had 4inch long one"in the hollow shaft ends to jive support to the broken shaft. By fluke I had left a ratchet strap in my bag.It saved the day, hooked one end on the holes by the tie rod end then under the whole sled to the other side to the same spot and sinched her up. Rode 50 km trail at 40-50 kmh.I rode behind him waiting for it to let go, but it worked great.I will never leave home without.

Top Bottom