Re: Hello Again

ConnieA

Reaction score
Website
abbeyfieldclinton.blogspot.com

Hi Ron, I have been away a few years, but I have never forgotten the good times we had with all the sledders staying with us. Today I finally found your site again. It changed a lot since you started. But I will find my way around. I hope to hear from some of our old friends visiting Valemount. I looked at Valemount Sledtalk, but not much action there. I used to love writing about the tempurature and snow or no snow in Albreda. Got some flack too if it wasn't to somone's liking, like I created the weather.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hi Ron, I have been away a few years, but I have never forgotten the good times we had with all the sledders staying with us. Today I finally found your site again. It changed a lot since you started. But I will find my way around. I hope to hear from some of our old friends visiting Valemount. I looked at Valemount Sledtalk, but not much action there. I used to love writing about the tempurature and snow or no snow in Albreda. Got some flack too if it wasn't to somone's liking, like I created the weather.

Before I discovered Snowandmud I used to read your updates every day and was bummed out when you left as you were our best bet for an accurate update on the conditions.I think you need to move back to Albreda and become our eyes for Valemount.
catmando!

ConnieA

Reaction score
Website
abbeyfieldclinton.blogspot.com

Both Bill and I miss Albreda. The view was so beautiful, and we loved the company we had. The Cariboo is beautiful in a different way, we can see the mountains from our living room, in the winter, when there are no leaves on the trees.The rest of the area are rolling hills, with lots of lakes. We had planned to get a Bed and Breakfast going, but with all the guestranches and cabins around the lakes, we could not get enough guests to keep our daughter and us in business. We nearly lost it, after being audited for the GST, and the stockmarket falling.
Now we are connected with the Abbeyfield Houses Society, and have made it into a home for seniors, waiting or the first guests. The big house has 11 bedrooms, but we are licensed for 8 rooms, the other rooms are hobby- and TV rooms, and one is for friends or family. We live in an attached bungalow, very comfortable. Our ultimate goal is to get a caretaker in the main building when we have our house full, and then we can still do the traveling Bill always wanted to do, before he gets too old. We have the 20 acres across from the Summit River Lodge on the market, it is in the classifieds on this site.(but I can't find it anymore :() Also in Kijiji Edmonton, commercial real estate, and other.

Last edited:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

welcome back
yes the site is bigger better faster than before isnt that the start if the six miillion dollar man

Top Bottom