Razor XP 1000 vs razor 1000 s

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn that's way outside my ability level. UTV Canada has a hitch plate set up for a 4500lb winch but would you drive around with it in the receiver or just strap it down in the box? And I'm not sure how the wiring would work either??? I think I remember hearing about a spare wire by one of the tail lights but it would still need a plug in set up somewhere.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both of my winches also setup that one wireless remote can control them . I have a switch for front or rear .
I like doing custom stuff , like my mander was the very first one to get a Mav diff planted in it

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumper , front window , cab. & windows , roof rack , rear winch mount , all custom stuff .

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember when you did the rear diff from the commander forums. Sounds like a great upgrade and should be bullet proof. Tons of guys have done it now it's like a standard upgrade. The one I'm really interested in is the mav clutch to create a real lock up.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1f1e90b500afbfc9ea4f6160e211f634.png

Turbo clutches on a non-turbo

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few times when winching if I can't hold with my brakes I will run the back winch out and hook on something to act like a anchor . And with a full size optima under my seat the winches pull like champs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I have done that also with my brute

Had to tie off pretty much every time with a szs

If I recall a medicine lake ride, winching rzr101, I broke both lol

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
looks like you made a good decision that you will be happy with. Its even pretty competitive as well

Classification - details - MYLAPS Sports Timing "S1000 just took the top step of the utvrr!

Now,. This is not to bash any other car or bran. I just thought it was worth mentioning what took place today at the UTV Rally Raid 4 hour endurance race.

A buddy of mine, Peter Libby not only took his S1000 to the top spot overall, he also turned he fastest lap of the race! This was in a stock motored, stock exhausted, stock clutched S1000. His car is Gncc prepped, meaning reinforced and re-suspended.

This was also against some very talented drivers in Factory supported Cars. We all know racing results are determined by several different factors, but his win came over Team CanAm, Team Yamaha, Team S3 and Team Dragon Fire. Winning a 4 hour endurance race could come down to fuel useage, pit stops, and sometimes simple survival, But no one can deny him turning the fastest two laps of the race in a S1000 car."

S1000 just took the top step of the utvrr! - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it has aftermarket suspension, it's really not stock ... So the results are meaningless ...lol
gncc is about endurance , driver ability, and suspension / drive line durability ... More or less.
If it was beefed up on these areas ... What has that got to do with stock machines ??

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure were you all are riding but i just spent a week quading up in the mountains and most of the trails we went down there was no hope in getting a full size utv down, we packed the chain saw just to get quads and my 50 inch rzr down. my next side by side will be another 50 inch machine. for me its not about speed its about getting there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure were you all are riding but i just spent a week quading up in the mountains and most of the trails we went down there was no hope in getting a full size utv down, we packed the chain saw just to get quads and my 50 inch rzr down. my next side by side will be another 50 inch machine. for me its not about speed its about getting there.

Lol, lots of bs being spewed, your 50 inch wide will go places no 70 inch will ever go. You have the better machine by far for tight trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im riding on existing trails. If you are using a chainsaw to get quads and your sxs through I wouldn't call that an existing trail. This could be the reason why enforcement is coming back. People are making their own trails because they can get their machines through.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old forestry and seismic lines around our cabin in the mountains. Few to no people ride up there any more so we have been maintaining the trails. Every year we clean up fallen trees, make easier trails around swamps and bogs so the wetlands don't get tore up as bad and make several make shift bridges across creeks. Hard work and hard trails to get though some times but after the ride is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im riding on existing trails. If you are using a chainsaw to get quads and your sxs through I wouldn't call that an existing trail. This could be the reason why enforcement is coming back. People are making their own trails because they can get their machines through.
we have groomed snowmobile trails that get used for multi seasonal use violent winds and certain type of snowfalls can cause tree's to fall on these trails in all seasons. These leaning trees need to be cut as they are a hazard to sledders, utv users and even hunters in trucks. They are dead anyway.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new fines for cutting new trails, or making trails wider. there are still bridges that you will not be able to get across on wider machines.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you cut all the trees just wide enough for a quad and don't cut them back any further? Seems safer to cut them back further so you don't clip them while going by.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have groomed snowmobile trails that get used for multi seasonal use violent winds and certain type of snowfalls can cause tree's to fall on these trails in all seasons. These leaning trees need to be cut as they are a hazard to sledders, utv users and even hunters in trucks. They are dead anyway.

And you can fit a full size machine down these trails? Hunters in trucks can get through but a rzr 1000 cant?

Top Bottom