Razor XP 1000 vs razor 1000 s

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you cut all the trees just wide enough for a quad and don't cut them back any further? Seems safer to cut them back further so you don't clip them while going by.

This is one of my biggest peeves when riding, someone took the time to cut the tree across the trail but cut the gap big enough for a honda 300 and literally just big enough, take the extra minute and cut it from one side of the trail to the other, there are just way to many dumb riders out there.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This same thing with cutting a narrow hole in a fallen tree gets me boiling also . Cut it wide enough nobody can hit it or get hurt .
We had a late spring snow here in the peaceriver area and trail's are a mess . I went to go check one of our cabins on our trapline and a 300 Honda driver was there first . Narrow path good for a Honda or a horse .
I don't own either one . I saw a girl get a badly hurt wrist because some A-hole cut a downed tree just wide enough for them and the tall grass hid the downed tree .
So the cost for a narrow cut that day was a tierod , tierod end and a girls damaged wrist .
Still pisses me off and that was a few years ago .
My brother and I have made it clear to any who travel out on our trapline cut the downed trees wide so nobody will ever get hurt .

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you can fit a full size machine down these trails? Hunters in trucks can get through but a rzr 1000 cant?
I never said that at all. Most of our trail system is forestry roads but the are some area's that are not that wide. Certain area's are closed for summertime use but there is one wet area where permission to dry out a short distance was obtained from the proper channels as far as width of machine everyone has the right to chose based on there riding style and or budget.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just trying to make a point here guys in that there are very few trails out there that a full size machine will not make it now.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just trying to make a point here guys in that there are very few trails out there that a full size machine will not make it now.
That does make sense Keith there are advantages to almost every UTV vs another in some way but in the same comparison if you pick another desired trait the tables may turn. Some people like the trail SXS just because it's important to them it fits in the box of a half ton easily.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know don't get me wrong i would love to have a 1000 turbo utv to go blast the dunes with and just plain old go fast, but for me money was better spent on a trail machine that fit my needs, i have seen the larger ones where we go and it just doesn't pan out well. to each their own, and whatever tickles your pickle.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dune machines make absolute great trail machines , ( except YXZ)simply because they have better suspension and wheel / travel articulation. And the extra power is a bonus , though not necessary. The clutches / drive line/ shocks /axles are always better on a dune machine as well ...
so my point is a dune machine , with only slight changes makes an excellent trail machine as well...

One of best utvs out there on the trail was a rzr900 XP , which started out as a " dune machine".....lol
Back then I heard people say the same thing... No Good on the trail...
They were incredible on the trail....! Still are .

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 900xp was great on the trails by Rocky.

I do like the Xmr a lot better in ruts and hills. The turbo Maverick can almost keep up with me. :)

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting how few poster actually addressed the question I asked...LOL

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Mark in your original post you just made a statement. You did not ask a question.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which of two(rzr 1000 xp, 1000s) would you buy and why? Also did the guy doing the comparison do a effective job?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which of two(rzr 1000 xp, 1000s) would you buy and why? Also did the guy doing the comparison do a effective job?

Basically the XP has trailering arm and the s has the old suspension like the 800 had.

The XP we had rode way smoother with more travel in the suspension. This compared to our 800

I liked the XP style better for my riding

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never watched it ... The XP has far better suspension , more stable with a longer wheel base . Better shocks and a tad more power .... The S has less wheel travel , and a arm suspension of course . The XP would need new radius rods to seriously trail
ride , as the stocks will hang up and bend first ride ...

It teally depends on your riding style , but width would not be an issue I would think .. It's so close ....
Great suspension is everything ... , so I would pick the XP with out a second thought ..IMO

Top Bottom