Razor XP 1000 vs razor 1000 s

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting vid I do think he is incorrect that they are priced the same though makes you really think on what you purchasing based on what kind of riding you really do. Personally I would not want the width of the XP.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People keep think width is an issue. It isn't unless you are riding with dirt bikes. Actually width is an issue. When you go too narrow you get stuck more and end up on your side more. But if you are buying a sxs id be looking elsewhere other than a polaris. Just my opinion.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People keep think width is an issue. It isn't unless you are riding with dirt bikes. Actually width is an issue. When you go too narrow you get stuck more and end up on your side more. But if you are buying a sxs id be looking elsewhere other than a polaris. Just my opinion.
Have you never had to make a trail wider for your wildcat? There's a reason I don't ride with mavericks If I can help it. Spent probably an hour waiting for the rest of the group to catch up at the pelican lake rally this year cause they couldn't fit some spots, and other spots were too tight and twisty so the had to crawl through and 3 point turn often. The commanders with us still took longer than quads but not near as bad. Same thing has happened at 3 other rallies in the past couple years.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used to hit the frog lake rally for a few years in a row and a friend was dared to cross the worst bog in the rally he almost made stuck with the 900xp one winch line was hooked up and broke and he almost get out then blew the front diff. We had to shovel down to find the tow hooks and could not see the head lights. Then we kept going and I pulled him once and he was in two wheel drive. I pulled a wildcat 1000 out 6 times and we had to change his clutch belt for him once as well. Sorry dude I would not touch that kitty 1000 if you gave it to me.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you never had to make a trail wider for your wildcat? There's a reason I don't ride with mavericks If I can help it. Spent probably an hour waiting for the rest of the group to catch up at the pelican lake rally this year cause they couldn't fit some spots, and other spots were too tight and twisty so the had to crawl through and 3 point turn often. The commanders with us still took longer than quads but not near as bad. Same thing has happened at 3 other rallies in the past couple years.

I have never had to cut anything because of width. Ill cut trees that have fallen across the trail but never had to cut anything to get my machine through. I have cut trees to get other machines through.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really I don't care what people buy. Everyone thinks the rzrs are the best. If you think that is what is the best then feel free to buy one lol. Saturdays ride had 5 new machines out. Mine is 11 months old and was the oldest machine there. There were 2 that had issues. They have been having issues on the last 4-5 rides. They were new rzr's bought in Feb. I could go on but really don't care enough about it to do so. You guys can do your own research.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh btw you might want to check the rzr forum about the girl that was badly burnt in Utah over the weekend while in a rzr. Yet another one burst into flames while going down the trail. Just saying.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really I don't care what people buy. Everyone thinks the rzrs are the best. If you think that is what is the best then feel free to buy one lol. Saturdays ride had 5 new machines out. Mine is 11 months old and was the oldest machine there. There were 2 that had issues. They have been having issues on the last 4-5 rides. They were new rzr's bought in Feb. I could go on but really don't care enough about it to do so. You guys can do your own research.

Your right Keith it's a free country and the operator of that particular wildcat 1000 may have been more of an issue than the machine.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also don't get me wrong about the rzr 1000. I love driving the machine. It is great when they are running good.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my of facebook friends who works for a Brp dealer has another employee there that owns a razor. I kinda thought that was weird and how would he survive. Then there was a post with a t shirt (Polaris Razor built like a golf cart but driven like a trophy truck). I had a good laugh over that.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only rode with a couple rzrs once and one of them cracked a big chunk out of the rim, but I had two flats and a couple others git flats so that wasn't really a brand issue.

I do agree with you that wider machines straddle ruts and handle mud better I was just saying that while generally more and more trails and rallies become sxs friendly, there's still a fair amount that aren't. Especially in Saskatchewan or at least that's what my experience has been.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out here 95% of the trails fit a 66" inch wide machine ... Mav / kitty 1000 / rzr 1000, no problem at all....
The reverse chain scares me on the 900 / 1000 series Rzrs ... Big time .
All three are good , the kitty 1000 goes pretty well ,I can say that ...

So far I am happy with the turbo maverick , 0 issues and I run it hard . It seems to be the most complete machine , that does well in all areas....

On on a side note I am seeing some rzr 900/ 1000s heat up more than a guy would like ....new series again . The old XP 900 and 800s had zero overheating issues ...

All three have there pros and cons ... And i
have owned all three ....
For an all around , fast complete trail machine the Mav has been the best IMO so far . For the type of riding I like ...
cheers !

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the 900xp rzr.
Has trailing arms like the 1000 rzr

Depends on your riding.
I found trailing arms give a nice ride Etc for high speed riding.

My rzr was 64 inches wide.

Now I have a 2016 Maverick Xmr. I go down the center of all trails. Just pin it and hope for the best.

Stock 68 inches.

Have never had issues and I even ride with Wild one.

:)

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out here 95% of the trails fit a 66" inch wide machine ... Mav / kitty 1000 / rzr 1000, no problem at all....
The reverse chain scares me on the 900 / 1000 series Rzrs ... Big time .
All three are good , the kitty 1000 goes pretty well ,I can say that ...

So far I am happy with the turbo maverick , 0 issues and I run it hard . It seems to be the most complete machine , that does well in all areas....

On on a side note I am seeing some rzr 900/ 1000s heat up more than a guy would like ....new series again . The old XP 900 and 800s had zero overheating issues ...

All three have there pros and cons ... And i
have owned all three ....
For an all around , fast complete trail machine the Mav has been the best IMO so far . For the type of riding I like ...
cheers !

Ya the Razor rads are a tad small but more importantly in the wrong place...ya can't plow mud with em where they are..

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh btw you might want to check the rzr forum about the girl that was badly burnt in Utah over the weekend while in a rzr. Yet another one burst into flames while going down the trail. Just saying.
There was a thread on her about can ams starting on fire its very sad to see people get hurt that way hopefully the causes are determined and corrective actions are taken by the manufactures.

Top Bottom