Rave Valve leak

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2014 800etec rave valves leaking after engine rebuilt - gasket and seals have been replaced - any ideas what to check

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe 250km since build - using skidoo oil

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the rave cover off the bellows,pull the hose off the solenoid valve and blow through the hose, it will pump up the raves. from there you should be able to isolate where its leaking from. if not take the two 15mm nuts off the raves so they are not tied together anymore. go from there.

Last edited:

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the rave cover off the bellows,pull the hose off the solenoid valve and blow through the hose, it will pump up the raves. from there you should be able to isolate where its leaking from. if not take the two 15mm nuts off the raves so they are not tied together anymore. go from there.

Thanks for the info - will give that a try !

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the supply vacuum line feeding the raves, I've seen them get hot and melt shut or completely melt apart.

Crash

Reaction score
If you have over revved at all it can blow the check valves that control the pulses to the rave valves. Have seen this on the turbos. It is located between the cylinders. If you search it there are instructions on how to test it. It's $38 for a new one. It is a little hard to get at as you have to take the tank off and throttle bodies.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure proper gaskets were used. Seen a few guys ended up with non etec rave gaskets. They don't have the hole for the oil to flow through.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were the orings on the rave shaft replaced as well?
This is Greg's sled, and just had warranty engine done ( which took way to much b.s to get done) and way too many issues after done, which they charged greg to fix after the fact ( lower hose blew off and clamp never got tightened as one example)

So I would say 100 %, something they did

sent while drinking tea's

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep - was just trying to help him out - hes had it back - was charged for a bunch of stuff to fix leak - amongst other stuff that shouldnt have been done, but its still leaking

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the raves functioning properly and it's just a leak? I ask because I have seen people hook up the check valve wrong and they work almost backwards. They will open at idle and close at wot.

The check valve as mentioned are your best bet. I have had the o rings leak but normally they are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will chk next weekend when im out - will compare lines to my sled

Top Bottom