I wondered the same question as tex 78 stayed above

Thanks for the info Tex 78

Think I will stay with T3 stock ski's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They feel heavy like the t3 skis on last year's t3 test rides

I haven't road a t3 much so....

But the t3 skis can dig in with the narrow front part of the ski, where the grippers won't do the same I.d say

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

But the t3 skis can dig in with the narrow front part of the ski, where the grippers won't do the same I.d say

Tex, did you ride a T3 with the front narrow ski attachment removed at all?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same question as tex 78 stayed above

Thanks for the info Tex 78

Think I will stay with T3 stock ski's
I have no issues with the T3 skis either

I prefer the feel of the ski cutting in as opposed to the XM skis. I know the ras2 has a different geometry than xm but the combonation of the two makes for a sled that doesnt want to follow ruts like the xm does on the trail. You can take your own line better especially on the longer trail rides to and from riding areas.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I prefer the feel of the ski cutting in as opposed to the XM skis. I know the ras2 has a different geometry than xm but the combonation of the two makes for a sled that doesnt want to follow ruts like the xm does on the trail. You can take your own line better especially on the longer trail rides to and from riding areas.
Mabe I need to ras2 my sled with the grippers??

Going to give them a few more rides

Mabe if ya come out here u can see what I mean, take it for a spin

Compared to ur 13

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled my grippers off. Need to notch the saddle behind the spindle so the ski tail can come up more otherwise they sidehill like a drunken whore.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One ride on mine and I took them off and sold them. Found them extremely darty and hard steering. Didnt get them into any super deep snow to give them an all around review. From what i experienced with them that was enough.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See I found them no darting at all, even my old xp with 6.9 pilots that were darting some

I swaped sleds with the wife cause the little bit the xp was, was driving her nuts

I did notice they are way stiffer to pic or drop ski with the doo rubbers in there than the ds2 skis with the same rubbers

I'm still on the fence, in starting to get past the hard steering

But for side hilling I do find that if it's rutted up, they don't bounce around like the ds2 did

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See I found them no darting at all, even my old xp with 6.9 pilots that were darting some

I swaped sleds with the wife cause the little bit the xp was, was driving her nuts

I did notice they are way stiffer to pic or drop ski with the doo rubbers in there than the ds2 skis with the same rubbers

I'm still on the fence, in starting to get past the hard steering

But for side hilling I do find that if it's rutted up, they don't bounce around like the ds2 did
is sidehilling the biggest reason the doo riders try the gripper skis or are there other attributes people who done the swap say are positive....

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i do not have much time if any on an xm but my t3 will track in exsisting ruts once in a while but if you avoid the ruts it goes where you point it as far as removing the tips i prefer them on.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
I got to do some serious side by side comparisons with my 14 Xm and my 16 T3 and I think the RAS2 makes a huge difference in the handling both on and off the trail. Cruising the trail is a dream now compared to the 14, the RAS2 holds a line much better, no noticeable arm fatigue on the trail even when pounding moguls at high speed, less ski lift when cornering, and the sled actually follows where you point the skis for the most part. I am sure some of this also has to do with the T3 skis. Off trail I found some differences getting the sled on edge, it does take noticeably more initial effort to pull one ski up, but keeping it there seems about the same as the old sled. Disconnecting the sway bar gets rid of the extra effort require to lay it over and I was pleasantly surprised with how much more predictable the sled is on it's side now. Carving back and forth and transitioning from a straight climb to full on side hill is so much smoother now and the sled does not dive near as bad as the 14. I would recommend the RAS upgrade to anyone considering it.

On another note though, the keel on the T3 ski is much taller now and my super clamp does not fit very well anymore, I have to back the adjuster off well past the warning line on the hook or get a second person to help me push the ski tips down so the clamp will reach the eyelet on the deck. Anyone else noticing this? I did have new decking and eyelets put on my deck over the summer so I am curious if the new eyelets are maybe shorter.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to do some serious side by side comparisons with my 14 Xm and my 16 T3 and I think the RAS2 makes a huge difference in the handling both on and off the trail. Cruising the trail is a dream now compared to the 14, the RAS2 holds a line much better, no noticeable arm fatigue on the trail even when pounding moguls at high speed, less ski lift when cornering, and the sled actually follows where you point the skis for the most part. I am sure some of this also has to do with the T3 skis. Off trail I found some differences getting the sled on edge, it does take noticeably more initial effort to pull one ski up, but keeping it there seems about the same as the old sled. Disconnecting the sway bar gets rid of the extra effort require to lay it over and I was pleasantly surprised with how much more predictable the sled is on it's side now. Carving back and forth and transitioning from a straight climb to full on side hill is so much smoother now and the sled does not dive near as bad as the 14. I would recommend the RAS upgrade to anyone considering it.

On another note though, the keel on the T3 ski is much taller now and my super clamp does not fit very well anymore, I have to back the adjuster off well past the warning line on the hook or get a second person to help me push the ski tips down so the clamp will reach the eyelet on the deck. Anyone else noticing this? I did have new decking and eyelets put on my deck over the summer so I am curious if the new eyelets are maybe shorter.
Hey dude, long time

No the t3 ski is 30 mm taller which is quite a bit, I also have to do the same thing with the grippers on my deck cause they are taller than the stockers

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
Hey dude, long time

No the t3 ski is 30 mm taller which is quite a bit, I also have to do the same thing with the grippers on my deck cause they are taller than the stockers

Hey Tex, yeah long time for sure, I will be down your way for a good stint soon. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the clamp issue...wonder how long it will be before we see a taller piece available to accommodate these new taller skis?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tex, yeah long time for sure, I will be down your way for a good stint soon. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with the clamp issue...wonder how long it will be before we see a taller piece available to accommodate these new taller skis?
Cool beans, will be good to ride with ya

Get our wives up if urs is still into it

One thing u could do if the mount isn't cut off in the threads too short, is take it out and spin a nut up the threads as a shim to make it taller

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
Cool beans, will be good to ride with ya

Get our wives up if urs is still into it

One thing u could do if the mount isn't cut off in the threads too short, is take it out and spin a nut up the threads as a shim to make it taller

Sounds good, yeah she is still riding. I've been pondering how I could shim it without having it spin on me, may give that a try, thanks

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone switched their DS 3 Ski's on the t3's out to DS 2's? I have busted two sets of tips now and at $90 a pop getting expensive. They are a little heavier and not as tall but have the people that switched noticed any huge difference? My 2016 has DS 2's and seem good on the SP. thanks for any info.

scully

Reaction score
With the ds2's on 174's they defiantly push more on the trail and on harder wind blown snow. I didn't like it and went back to ds3's.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone switched their DS 3 Ski's on the t3's out to DS 2's? I have busted two sets of tips now and at $90 a pop getting expensive. They are a little heavier and not as tall but have the people that switched noticed any huge difference? My 2016 has DS 2's and seem good on the SP. thanks for any info.
Try the grippers, I have them on my xm

Like them alot, about half way between the ds3 and ds2 for grip to turn, so won't be as good as ds3 on a T3 for turning

But I find the best part is side hilling through old tracks and not flopping around like the ds2 would

Also find the ds2 push alot and don't back up without digging in at back right away

I also centred my spindles which I liked

Also way cheaper for grippers than Mohawk and are real close to the same

sent while drinking tea's

Last edited:
Top Bottom