RAS 2 VS S36 and Pilot DS2 vs Gripper

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a '14 XMX 163 and just wondering has anyone done the RAS2 upgrade? Also DS2 vs Grippers? favorable results? I have raptor fronts already so I think they would need longer rods for the RAS2?

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get away with s36 shocks on the RAS2. I just got a set of grippers after looking for almost a year to find a decent deal. Can't wait to get them on!

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a stock set of gripper skis with carbides black with red hoops if anyone is looking $250

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get away with s36 shocks on the RAS2. I just got a set of grippers after looking for almost a year to find a decent deal. Can't wait to get them on!
I've had a set spoken for, just haven't got them yet

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you guys changing from the ski doo skis to polaris skis? Do they perform better?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran a set of grippers on my XP for 2 years and moved them over to my XM. I like em a lot :)

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grippers as well for the 3 years. Big improvement over the Doo ski's.
No darting and a bit wider.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you guys mounting them? Are you using the Polaris rubbers or skidoo ones? If the skidoo ones are you gringing down the ribs in the ski?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are you guys mounting them? Are you using the Polaris rubbers or skidoo ones? If the skidoo ones are you gringing down the ribs in the ski?
I shaved off some of the bottom of the skidoo rubbers. Took a few iterations as you don't wanna "over-shave" them or they will try to pop out when riding.

i centered them with some spacers I ordered from the states, maybe Tom's? I've used the Poo aluminium spacers as well but they wore out too quick.

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
I used skidoo rubber with no shaving of the ski, it works fine. Polaris hardware and Polaris spacers with the ski in the centre position, way better than the ds3 skis

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried putting mine on Saturday night, found out the Doo bolts are too short. Trip to Backus tomorrow.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
The Skidoo bolts are too short, I used the Polaris hardware. Make sure you get the washers too, pretty sure those were Polaris parts as well

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up

Got my grippers mounted and a few rides on them

I find they definitely don't wonder ect on the trails, but Holy hell the heavy steering compared sucks lol

Also noted harder to get on edge and counter steering is weird cause the ski don't dig in as much

Really takes the play full Ness in the trees out, and not as easy as the ds2 to just wick and flick around

Going to give them a few more rides and decide

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up

Git my grippers mounted and a few rides on them

I find they definitely don't wonder ect on the trails, but Holy hell the heavy steering compared sucks lol

Also noted harder to get on edge and counter steering is weird cause the ski don't dig in as much

Really takes the play full Ness in the trees out, and not as easy as the ds2 to just wick and flick around

Going to give them a few more rides and decide

Jeff, tighten up your center skid shock to take the weight off your skis. When you are laying on the seat (on your belly) and you look under the sled, the limiter strap should just be almost tight.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeff, tighten up your center skid shock to take the weight off your skis. When you are laying on the seat (on your belly) and you look under the sled, the limiter strap should just be almost tight.
It was fun and floppy ect before with the ds2 stock skis

I have the front shocked backed off and limit straps tight to keep front end down and less trenching

Top Bottom