Ramps

Vets07

Reaction score
ramp.jpg
Just curious i pulled apart my primary for the first time on this 12 etec its got 600 miles on it and noticed the ramps wear pattern stops bout 8mm away from the top im running it on clicker 4 in fernie with 8000 rpm. I remember my 09 ptec the wear pattern came almost to the top id run it at about 8200rpm. Wondering if theres any room for improvement? Maybe adding more weight and changing clicker?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 141120
Just curious i pulled apart my primary for the first time on this 12 etec its got 600 miles on it and noticed the ramps wear pattern stops bout 8mm away from the top im running it on clicker 4 in fernie with 8000 rpm. I remember my 09 ptec the wear pattern came almost to the top id run it at about 8200rpm. Wondering if theres any room for improvement? Maybe adding more weight and changing clicker?
How far down the ramp you go is how fast you go. Here's my 441's beside a 415. The 441's like to be in clicker 4 or higher due to how flat they are at the top....but honestly, unless you are regularly seeing 85 mph+, or gear down a bunch more, the wear won't go much higher....

Vets07

Reaction score
Thanks Daveb I was just curious guess i understood that theory wrong lol makes sense seeing those ramps and attack angles.

Top Bottom