2011 etec clutching

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty familar with my etec and it's behavior, all last year I was fighting a hesitation problem at lower rpm, wicking it to the bar, Right out of the box it wanted clicker 4 and it ran there in every condition I rode it in and never had to touch the clicker once.
This year I totally reclutched my sled (Primary and secondary) and even with all the changes I made, It still wants to be on clicker 4-5, It hauls azz spinning a 3" but if I try clicker 3 the rpm feels lazy and bounces around alot and will eventially get to 8000. On 4-5 depending on the conditions the rpm snaps to 8000 and might wander 100-200rpm depending on how drastic of a load change the sled sees.
If I try running a shallower angle helix my sled will hesitate like crazy, and even then in testing back in allen creek i'm still on clicker 4 trying shallower helix's but the hesitation is there.
With my current set up my clutches are shifting out really nice on a short hard pull, and my sled MIGHT hesitate once a day at altitude, and if I click down on the trail it wont misfire or heasitate at all, when i cycle the throttle my track speed recovers nice, and so does my rpm, and my back shift is amazing.
But no matter what I do, remove weight, different primary spring, helix, ramps, my sled want to be on clicker 4 90% of the time, some times I can run clicker 3 if I get a run at the hill, but if I get in the trees it will struggle to get to 8000, so I try 4 and it will snap to 8000 and run 8100.
When i clutch a sled I prefer to be on clicker 3 90% of the time, but his here is puzzling to me.

Oh and if some of you are wondering I don't believe the 3" is the highmark king track, comparing it to the new light 2.5 that doo has, the 3" is 25 lbs heavier than the new 2.5, but man is the 3" a tractor in the trees and in the deep, when i begin to think I should turnout the 3" just keeps chewing and will get yah through it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my findings with the 3" aswell. whats your gearing?
Im geared stock with the 7t drivers, seeing high 40 low 50 on the speedo track speed, lowest track speed i've seen is 40MPH but I was almost stopped and thought i was going to get stuck but she kept on moving. what are you geared at on your 2012?
Any Ideas on the clickers position.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on our 2011 i tried 20/49 and on clicker 3/4 it wont hold track speed/rpm once it gets loaded up. going to throw a 51 tooth gear in the 2011 and see what that does. it rips hard until it gets in the steep deep loaded situations. on the 2012 im running stock gearing clicker 4 and it works great. no complaints there. hope the gearing is the answer for the 2011.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on our 2011 i tried 20/49 and on clicker 3/4 it wont hold track speed/rpm once it gets loaded up. going to throw a 51 tooth gear in the 2011 and see what that does. it rips hard until it gets in the steep deep loaded situations. on the 2012 im running stock gearing clicker 4 and it works great. no complaints there. hope the gearing is the answer for the 2011.
I'm holding rpm, on clicker 4 clicker 3 is a different story. track speed will drop about 5mph in a fresh track pull to around 47-48.

Top Bottom