07 fluttering rpms @wot - clutching?

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Anyone else have an experience with this? If i mash the flipper, it will very rarely hit 8200, usually it really bounces between 79-8000 with it held to the bar. If I roll it on slow-like then it does not want to seem to waver as much. I havent had a chance to do a long sustained pull but it seems to smooth out a little when it is held to the bar for a bit. This was on clicker 4.

I just went through the primary clutch and replaced the bushings, rollers and arms are good and move freely.

There is 412 ramps and 2mm oversize rollers in the clutch.

There is also, for some reason, a 260/420 spring....my limited understanding is that with a spring of this finish force would help it over-rev if anything. Also the clutch is about an inch from shifting out completely. (from my marks)

Stock helix and a non-brp red spring in secondary.

Before the clutch was cleaned, it would pull like this on clicker 5&6 and not hit top rpm on either. I also took out a gram on each pin, taking it down to 15.5g.

Can anybody comment on this clutching or have any other suggestions? I did clean the raves recently but I think I will take another look at them tonight.

Just a thought, but would running too rich of a MJ cause this sort of problem?

Last edited:

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a high RPM flutter as well, turned out to be a freakin bad plug wire. >:|

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have an experience with this? If i mash the flipper, it will very rarely hit 8200, usually it really bounces between 79-8000 with it held to the bar. If I roll it on slow-like then it does not want to seem to waver as much. I havent had a chance to do a long sustained pull but it seems to smooth out a little when it is held to the bar for a bit. This was on clicker 4.

I just went through the primary clutch and replaced the bushings, rollers and arms are good and move freely.

There is 412 ramps and 2mm oversize rollers in the clutch.

There is also, for some reason, a 260/420 spring....my limited understanding is that with a spring of this finish force would help it over-rev if anything. Also the clutch is about an inch from shifting out completely. (from my marks)

Stock helix and a non-brp red spring in secondary.

Before the clutch was cleaned, it would pull like this on clicker 5&6 and not hit top rpm on either. I also took out a gram on each pin, taking it down to 15.5g.

Can anybody comment on this clutching or have any other suggestions? I did clean the raves recently but I think I will take another look at them tonight.

Just a thought, but would running too rich of a MJ cause this sort of problem?
Get rid of your 2mm roller's go back to stock rollers and replace sping with pl/pnk or pnk/pnk if you want it razzier.pin weight should be close might need to pull a little.

hippiekiller

Reaction score
You are talking about the 230-320/380 springs there. I was thinking of trying those.
First though,would the next step be to try a stock roller ? I have them and they weigh 5 grams less....

I also have a stock pu/ye primary spring from an 06 I can try...(160-230)

I am pretty sure that it is the clutching because I was out the other day testing and on a high-traction (snow covered highway, ahem) I can actually feel the belt slipping I think, and in the deep pow it is not as bad....

The belt is a fairly new 166.

I have a 288 I need to break in, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom