raduim quading

m7 carver

Reaction score
we were quading today in radium and we got to 7400 feet and walked in snow about 5oo yards below a glacier. the glacier that we were at is where the canadian olympic ski team trains in the summer. there was a cabin and deepfrezers and stuff. the ski team wasnt there but friends of ours have talked to them there before. the trail was called horsethief creek. the round trip was about 120 kilometers.it was the most amazing scenery i have ever seen.:)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
we were quading today in radium and we got to 7400 feet and walked in snow about 5oo yards below a glacier. the glacier that we were at is where the canadian olympic ski team trains in the summer. there was a cabin and deepfrezers and stuff. the ski team wasnt there but friends of ours have talked to them there before. the trail was called horsethief creek. the round trip was about 120 kilometers.it was the most amazing scenery i have ever seen.:)

:nopics:

Sorry buddy, I had to

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never been there quading or even in the summer. But I have been there sledding and it is very nice there! I think that cabin your talking about is called the Olive Hut. If your up there again on the other side of the main valley there is another cabin called the Dave White cabin, the view from that cabin is nice to!

honda mike

Reaction score
I believe that is the Farnham glacier. Not sure if they still train there or not? Was there with the Canadian skier cross team once and it was a great set up. Sounds like a good ride.
Mike

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the Farnham glacier. Not sure if they still train there or not? Was there with the Canadian skier cross team once and it was a great set up. Sounds like a good ride.
Mike

That's correct, it is the Farnham Glacier. I heard from a reliable source that the Canadian Apline team used to train there but they a little short on funding given the lackluster results in the last Olympics. If you google Farnham glacier there are some pretty sweet pictures of the area.

I never been there quading or even in the summer. But I have been there sledding and it is very nice there! I think that cabin your talking about is called the Olive Hut. If your up there again on the other side of the main valley there is another cabin called the Dave White cabin, the view from that cabin is nice to!

The Olive and Dave White cabins are up Forester on and around Catamont Glacier, Farnham's further to the South.

Top Bottom