Radium Pictures Feb16-17th

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These cameras are more durable then most think. I just put it in my backback wrapped up in an insulation layer (sweater).

The lens is Canon's top of the line gear. It's made to be thrown around, dropped, etc. The camera, an Xti, is relatively cheap in comparison, but I've owned 3 Canon cameras and abused all three and they all work perfect still. Always bring them snowboarding, mountain biking, and dirt biking. I even dropped this camera in the snow this weekend without a lens on. Cleaned the mirror to the best of my ability and I think the pictures are still perfect! haha. It was wet on the outside for a few minutes too.

Try recharging your battery. I know mine freezes when the battery is low.

My only worry about tunnel bags is the heat and moisture given off by the melting snow on the tunnel. Also, it would see a lot more vibration then on the rider. I fall off the sled and don't even think about it though. My biggest worry is the connection between the camera and the lens. I think I should probably take them apart next time.

What type of camera did you use that isn't working now?

I have a Canon EOS Rebel. It must be an early version since there's no XT or XTi labels. I've only used it once sledding with the 18-55mm lens. Depending on whether this can be fixed will help me decide in upgrading the lens. I've tried recharging both batteries with no luck so I think I'll need to take it in to a service centre.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, the Rebel is a slightly older model. Pretty similar camera. I'm not sure why it wouldn't turn on though. Was the camera damp when you took it out of your bag? That's the only thing I could think of. Other then that, the tunnel does take a lot of vibration.

Yup, I didn't have time to get the camera out to take a picture of the 07 Apex getting towed by the 08 Summit. Too bad to hear about the dealership. Did they give you a reason as to why they won't tear into it sooner? Probably because they have to read the shop manual....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, the Rebel is a slightly older model. Pretty similar camera. I'm not sure why it wouldn't turn on though. Was the camera damp when you took it out of your bag? That's the only thing I could think of. Other then that, the tunnel does take a lot of vibration.

Yup, I didn't have time to get the camera out to take a picture of the 07 Apex getting towed by the 08 Summit. Too bad to hear about the dealership. Did they give you a reason as to why they won't tear into it sooner? Probably because they have to read the shop manual....

No, not damp at all. I keep a really large bag of desicant in the camera bag.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What trail network where you on? Was the snow good there still?

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can not post any more here about stuff. justa big pissing match i will most likely loose, going to look at some cats with ian..........................................

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is it the digital Rebel? I have an older EOS SLR 35mm that acted weird when the flash hood got stuck (Someone spilled a rye coke on it). when you turned it on, the display would flash, then go dead as if the batteries were bad.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing pics. How do you keep the Digital SLR camera from getting beat up? I would be worried about taking a camera like that along. Sure takes fantastic pics though.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing pics. How do you keep the Digital SLR camera from getting beat up? I would be worried about taking a camera like that along. Sure takes fantastic pics though.

Well, first I don't plan on falling off, but it does happen from time to time. As I said before. The lens is the top of the line from Canon. It's made to take abuse far worse then I'm giving it. These are the lenses you see at sporting events, on photographers over in the middle east, and ones used by national geographic. It's a tank. I think it weighs around 4 lbs.

The snow was great at the location most of those pics were taken. We hit up Forester on Saturday, and the conditions were terrible. I still ended up getting stuck badly. haha. Some guy planted his RM in a river so we helped them get that out. The second day we found a lot better snow, but we made sure we got our fair share. Was a great day of exploring!

There weren't any hill climbs because this particular area didn't realy have any, nor were we willing to risk the chance of being caught in a dangerous situation. Conditions were not favourable, and there was only two of us out that day with nobody in sight. In addition to that, hill climb pictures are harder to obtain. To get decent ones I'd have to stop half way up a hill. I'll see what I can get the next time if I can find a good safe hill to stop on.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey you missed the pic of the tow job.. lol here i thought old 1 ton would pull a doo out, but to my surprise lol. oh ya they will not take the sled apart for another week. so im out for long long time..

that sucks, tell them to throw a turbo on there for ya .
you should buy a new ride, then the wife can ride the other:D

jmercer

Reaction score
The XP did a pretty good job of towing 1 ton outta there :D I was pretty impressed.....until I found out my dealer hadn't given me my spare belt haha. You missed a good weekend Shawn. I'll be out for a few weekends now, need to build up some cash again and fix my skidplate.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XP did a pretty good job of towing 1 ton outta there :D I was pretty impressed.....until I found out my dealer hadn't given me my spare belt haha. You missed a good weekend Shawn. I'll be out for a few weekends now, need to build up some cash again and fix my skidplate.

Yup, good weekend indeed.

Just get some aluminum rivets and go to town. It maybe need a special type of wide flanged rivet, or use washers. Should only cost a few bucks, then when you take it back to the dealership, bitch at them for doing such a half ass job.

jmercer

Reaction score
haha yup thats the plan. gonna pick up some tomorrow and get to work. hard to get at the inside of the holes but i'll figure it out.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i found the next ride, 2005 cat m6 with a 156 track, low low km looks nice, might get the puddy tat on sunday.. not sure yet

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on man getsomethin bigger! my x-girlfriend rides a F5! :D:D

Dude, I bet you any money that M6 would obliterate your sled. There's always the potential that it's modded out, or he's just a beginner. There's plenty of potential in smaller sleds...remember 600's now average 120-125 hp!

Nytro-Ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, I bet you any money that M6 would obliterate your sled. There's always the potential that it's modded out, or he's just a beginner. There's plenty of potential in smaller sleds...remember 600's now average 120-125 hp!

ya ya, i guess, good point!

Top Bottom