Radium maps

Stray cat

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before.Is there someplace in Radium we can pick up trail maps. We are going to the area after Xmas dinner for a couple days of riding. Thanks.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May be sledding around Radium on the 30,31,1 ,were is a good clean affordable place to stay in Radium , close to good food ,bar any sledding sports bar , should see if i can get a room booked .

Thanks

Stray cat

Reaction score
Tarrant I think we are leaving when you are arriving if I got my days right. We are also at Big Horn but checking out on the 27th. We are going to try and navigate forester on the 26th. Not sure where after that. Maybe north to Silent Pass. The conditions seems to be pretty good there according to reports here.

mt.sledder

Reaction score
Are there many trails in the radium area that are suitable to take the wife on? She has done a lot of sledding and is a fairly decient rider but is not too fond of off camber riding. She loves the powder but not for a full day. By the way how are the snow conditions? She is on a 2010 600 etec summit 146 that she put 1500 miles on last year.

Last edited:

TARRANT

Reaction score
Tarrant I think we are leaving when you are arriving if I got my days right. We are also at Big Horn but checking out on the 27th. We are going to try and navigate forester on the 26th. Not sure where after that. Maybe north to Silent Pass. The conditions seems to be pretty good there according to reports here.
i guess you better hurry up and extend your stay for a couple more days so you can show us around forester. would like to ride with some other snow and mud members ?

TARRANT

Reaction score
How far is silent pass from radium ?

TARRANT

Reaction score
45 min.... Tarrant you'd be better hitting up bugaboos.
oler, did u get your sled done ? so where would bugaboos be? We are thinking of going to quartz the first day just beacuse i have been there before and nobody else has been riding in the area at all.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bugaboos is a little less than halfway to golden from radium. Goto a place called rocky point. Easy to spot. Follow the main roadway in at the bugaboos turn off, Follow the signs up to CMH lodge (take the long way not the short way :) ) it is the second turn off there will be a cut block, you will be near the river, the turn up will be on a blind, and it will be at a "rocky point". Cant miss it really. As for quartz, lots of people have been in there before.

Sled wise, got the engine back together today and the 3" installed. Gonna install it in the next couple of days.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there many trails in the radium area that are suitable to take the wife on? She has done a lot of sledding and is a fairly decient rider but is not too fond of off camber riding. She loves the powder but not for a full day. By the way how are the snow conditions? She is on a 2010 600 etec summit 146 that she put 1500 miles on last year.
Lot's of roads to follow from the Dogleg staging area i9f there is enough snow. Pick up a Back country road map book and pick a lake to find.

Stray cat

Reaction score
Thanks. Got the BackCountry book and then went whole hog and got the Garmin Dakota and loaded the maps on there. Now if I can just figure it out I am sure we won't get lost!!!!

Top Bottom