R.I.P. Kelly Brunlees (KBrunlees)

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the friends of Kelly, Kelly Angus Brunlees passed away peacefully on January 15[SUP]th[/SUP] at 12:15 a.m. He was surrounded by friends and family and he will be greatly missed. Thanks to everyone from the Snow & Mud community who made it out to see him, he was very touched by all the loving support everyone gave him throughout his fight with cancer.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Chad, I wasn't posting anything until Roberta said too.

RIP Kelly...... you will be missed!
No problem Tyler. Roberta gave her blessing.. Not a post I ever wanted to create :(

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP Kelly
Best wishes to Roberta.
He will be missed greatly.
I know Roberta is working to set up a celebration of life in a couple of weeks.
I want to share a story about the first time we met:
My family was out at westlock sledding for the first time. We were the only ones in the staging area. As we were getting ready to leave two more rigs pulled up, Kelly, Keith and Leslie.
We all agreed to go out together.
After a couple hours and a few stops we got to know each other pretty good, Kelly by his famous avitar, and it turned out my wife worked with Keith way back.
We got ourselves into a bowl with one trail out. Kelly went up first with one of my boys, Keith next with my other son. He then took my wifes sled up the hill. Make a long story short the rest of the machines couldn't make it up the icy hill. Kelly was up there with my boys. We thought we had a plan to meet up but by the time we got around to meet them, they were gone. I was freaked out a bit, both my boys with a stranger we just met.
As we found out later he lead them out back to the trucks safely. I was always grateful ro him for looking after my kids for most of an afternoon.
If you know my boys....well lets just say he went above and beyond.

We'll all miss you

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My condolences to Kelly's family and friends.
I met Kelly years ago and he was a dedicated snowandmud member. I raced with him 2 years ago in bruderheim and we had a great time. Whoever was at the last Snowandmud atv jamboree had a chance to meet him or say hi, he showed up for the night. He was a quadder and sledder at heart, you will be missed.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know weather I was more sad or relieved to hear he finally passed. I know you were really close with him Chad - take care buddy.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Condolences to his family.
I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly, a few years ago and he was a helluva nice guy.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to his family.

I had a chance to ride with Kelly and Chad a couple years ago. Will be missed on the trails.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421368573.452342.jpg

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to Kelly's Wife Roberta and his Family as well as friends. I first met Kelly & Roberta at the Battenfelder ATV Rodeo a few years back. I was there cheering on the BETTIES team and he was sitting right beside me. We started chatting and realised we were both snowandmud members. We has a great afternoon chatting about camping and quadding ect... A wonderful man, and Im glad I had the chance to met him. REST IN PEACE KELLY.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I met Kelly a couple of times, at the indy races. His house is a block away from mine. Great Halloween and Christmas decorations.

Rest in peace Kelly.

My condolences to the family.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
That Sucks.... Hell of a nice guy

Condolences to family & friends, a close to home reminder to not take chit for granted and live life to the fullest.....

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A celebration of life will be held for Kelly on Saturday January 24[SUP]th[/SUP] starting at 1:30 pm at Dovercourt Community Hall – 13510 Dovercourt(123) Avenue.

Kelly will be piped into the hall at 2. So, it would be nice if everyone were seated with a drink in hand before then.

Speaking of drink… Everyone’s first drink is on the house – of course it *should* be rum, but that is not a requirement. After that there will be a cash bar. After Kelly is piped into the hall, we are going to have a toast.

We will be sharing stories – both the kind that make you laugh and the kind that touch your heart. So, please think some and if you have a story to share Roberta would very much like you to do so. If you can’t muster the courage to get up and tell everyone yourself, then write out your story and Roberta will try to make time for someone else to read it. I’m pretty darn sure there are more stories than there is time to share them all, but if nothing else the ones that are written can be gathered up for the family to enjoy for many years to come.

The ‘formal’ part of the celebration will last about 1 or 1.5 hours. After that there will be food and a party. The microphone will be kept open so people can still tell stories, or you can all just share them amongst yourselves. Roberta is going to set the liquor permit for as long as she can, so feel free to stay and celebrate.

Kelly loved to laugh and he sure loved to socialize. Please come and share in giving him one hell of a final send off.

Roberta asks that if you feel you would like to make a donation in Kelly’s honor, they are particularly fond of these organizations: The Cross Cancer Institute, The Canadian Red Cross HELPS program, any animal rescue society, A blood donation to the Red Cross, The Environmental Health Association of Alberta, or any other charity that helps people better their lives or achieve their dreams.
kelly5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom