R.I.P Jim Kuster

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SHARED for those without facebook

It is with great sadness that we tell you that Jim Kuster, Carl Kuster's father, passed away peacefully with family and friends at CKMP. Jim, 57, was an explorer and pioneer in mountain sledding in western Canada. His vision and desire to share his vast mountain riding experience and skills let to the creation of
Carl Kuster Mountain Park. His loving, passionate spirit filled the hearts of his family and friends and his spirit touches all those at CKMP who share these mountains.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jim will be missed best wishes to his Loved ones in this sad time

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jim's daughter, Michelle messaged me today and asked me to post this on the forum:

"After a night full of expressed love and heartfelt laughs as stories were told, Dad passed peacefully circled by loving family and with a smile on his face. He will be cremated, Carl will take his ashes to the mountain top so he can watch over all of us.

Instead of flowers etc. We would love if you would share your stories of Jim, so we can compile these into a book this way the memory of him, the kind of man he was, and the lives he touched can be passed on to the grand kids.

We will be going back to Alberta in May to do a celebration of life and we would love to have a book together to share with everyone there. If you have a story please email it to m47_kuster@yahoo.ca.

Thank you once again everyone for all your kind words, love, support and friendships you helped fulfill dads life:)

Celebration of life will be held May 23, 2015 in Westlock, Alberta at the community hall."

RIP Jim, I was fortunate enough to know you and call you a friend. Many years of amazing service at CC Cycle, you will be dearly missed!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincere condolences to the whole Kuster family. I know how much he meant to Carl and the family and he will be sorely missed..

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the first time I walked into CC cycle, I was in awe.... trophy's everywhere... a legend.

RIP Jim congrats on starting a legacy Carl is doing well.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the mountains will miss Jim's exploration but his legacy will be remembered by all who knew him, he will be missed so sorry for Claudette / Carl / Michelle & family.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My deepest condolences go to Claudette, Carl, Michelle and all the Family as well as friends. I would often go to CC Cycle and just visit them and chat. Jim always had a smile on his face, and always willing to offer a helping hand or answer any questions we had. He will be missed dearly.

GO REST HIGH ON THAT MOUNTAIN JIM

Attachments

• Jim 1.jpg
    Jim 1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 317
  • Jim 2.jpg
    Jim 2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rest in peace Jim. Thoughts are with Carl, his family and all those that knew Jim well.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I bought a 2010 cat from c and c cycle around Christmas that year and I have dealt with Jim and his wife personally. Never have I recieved better service and Jim went over everything about that sled before I loaded it up. A few buddies of mind were also with me and were looking at avy beacons for an upcoming trip, they didn't just sell us those beacons but Jim and Claudette gave us some invaluable information on beacon use and mountain safety. Top notch guy and will be sadly missed.

APEX 1

Reaction score
Myself and my family would also like to express our deepest condolences to the Kuster family,Jim your vision will live on through Carl.I will always remember our time together R.I.P cousin.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
R.I.P JIM I WILL MISS YOU. GOT TO KNOW JIM BACK IN THE EARLY 80's. STARTED RIDING DIRT BIKES AND SLEDS AND PLAYING HOCKEY AROUND RIVIERE QUI BARRE, MORINVILLE AREA. THEN RACING DIRT BIKES THEN IN 88 TOOK ME SLEDDING TO MOUNTIANS AND BEEN GOING EVER SINCE. THOUGHT ARE WITH CLAUDETTE, CARL, SHELLY, MICHELLE, BRODY CARVER AND ALL HIS MANY GOOD FRIENDS FROM PETE AND ELAINE

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also bought a sled off Jim, found a guy that spoke my language and I just liked immediately. Wish I could of known him better, I will say this and I don't say it lightly GENUINE RIP

Top Bottom