Quickbooks, Gots a few questions.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am starting up a company, I wanted to use Quickbooks but I see they only have a Windows version.

I have a mac, so I looked and they have an online version that would allow me to use my mac.... I am not sure if I would trust that.

Anyone use this?

I have a PC also, but it is a pain to switch back and forth, but I will if I have to.

Also, if I buy a hardcopy version, would I just go with easystart, or the pro version,

It's a small one man show general contracting business.

Thanks in advance, and I don't need to know about how you think apple sucks either.:cool:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think you should ask your accountant what he recommends, as your paying them by the hr, although they probably have several programs that they use. just my 2 cents.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quickbooks is actually a really good program. I used it for a few years when I was still contracting. I was running the pro version and it was way overkill for me as an electrical contractor. I've never run it on a Mac though, so can't help ya there.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about using the online version of it. These sites have some very good encryption, if you trust online banking, then you should trust an online version of quickbooks.

Hooligen

Reaction score
I am in the same boat right now, tired of using Exel. I have heard that Quick books or Simply accounting are the two programs of choice. Cant answer any of your questions,sorry, but hope someone can answer them for both of us. Is the mac a good computer ? I dont really care about the make of computer as long as it works. Have a PC now.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far,
My accountant likes the quickbooks.

I am just not sure if the online version is as versatile as the hardcopy. I looked over the CD version and it seems much more user friendly..

I do lots of online banking, but it is just the fact that the data is not on your own hard drive. There is a monthly fee, and if you stop using it, is it retrievable? I'm certain it is..

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That does seem like more of a pain. With all macs, you can run a program that will allow the mac to run windows, that could be an option.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I was thinking of that, It's called Bootcamp.

The only thing about that, is that you have to buy a new version of windows for installation, so I think I will just stick to my PC box that I have. I bought a screen switcher, and can go from one computer to the next. The only thing is all my excel and word programs are on the Mac. I guess I can just keep separate files.

That does seem like more of a pain. With all macs, you can run a program that will allow the mac to run windows, that could be an option.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I was thinking of that, It's called Bootcamp.

The only thing about that, is that you have to buy a new version of windows for installation, so I think I will just stick to my PC box that I have. I bought a screen switcher, and can go from one computer to the next. The only thing is all my excel and word programs are on the Mac. I guess I can just keep separate files.
That's the one. Easy enough to just network the computers together, then you can access files from both computers. That way you can keep using the Mac if you like, and grab any excel files you need on the PC.
Personally, I have gone away from Mac completely and back to Windows.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
used to do technical support for quickbooks, if you have issues PM or email me, I'll help ya out :)

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My book keeper uses a Mac, I forget what program she uses but its rates very good and our accountants said it works well too.

Ill see what is called.

But you can also do a partition I believe and run windows on your Mac for quick books.

Top Bottom