Quick Drive belt change

Pro-Rmk

Reaction score
I've got a 14 pro, got just over 700 km on it, was thinking about changing the quick drive belt, is this a good idea or are people just riding till they fail. Is there a set number of Km's that the belt is good for?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It says in the manual how long they are good for, iirc it is 2500km. Personally I would leave it unless there is signs of abnormal wear or defects. These 2014 belts seem to last longer, my 2013 belt showed significant wear at 1200km but my 2014 belt looks almost new at the same number of kilometers even with a turbo, and I will run this belt again this season.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend against running a QD belt to failure.
-when they strip out, alot of melted plastic may need to be carefully cleaned out of the drive wheels before putting a new belt on. Not easy to do out in the bush, and it's easy to scratch and damage the wheels.
-when it fails, you will lose your brakes

Beyond 1000 miles keep an eye out for stress cracking on the inside diameter of the belt beside the drive nubs. Also watch for fraying /delamination on the edges.

Heat and sudden loads are the enemies of the QD belt.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace it and carry the old one for a spare. You could probably hold off till 1500 kms though.

Last edited:

docloh

Reaction score
I would agree with Danbot. After blowing a QD belt and dealing with the melted mess, I don't run them to failure. May be a bit of a fight to get the gears on the shafts in the bush too, unless you have the alignment bushings to help you out. I just carry them with me now. Just in case.

Quad_hopper

Reaction score
I would change the belt and keep it as your spare. Put the new one on and run it till it dies. This broken in belt will be easier to put on in the field if the time arises.

Top Bottom