Question on snowmobile registration

SledderShawn

Reaction score
Looking for some info on bc registration.
I only ride in revy and have never had a problem the past three years. Some friends were saying you need to have registration and insurance on your sled in bc. Is that true? What happens if you get caught without it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some info on bc registration.
I only ride in revy and have never had a problem the past three years. Some friends were saying you need to have registration and insurance on your sled in bc. Is that true? What happens if you get caught without it?

why the hell would you ride without liability insurance? If you wiped out and ghosted your sled and it hit me, and you wern't insured, I would sue you till you had nothing left.

SledderShawn

Reaction score
I should have been more clear, I do have insurance and registration from Alberta.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Far as I know you have to have insurance to register a sled in ab, so need both.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And its pretty simple, if you get stopped without registration while riding, they send you home, but you are subject to the fines of that as well. I never heard of anyone being fined but someone will be on here complaining about it when it happens to them lol

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we required to have the plate mounted now in BC?

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year rcmp were at trail head in vale,you need to have it for your home town,alberta insurance and regristration and then you are good in bc.as for the plate they said they could ticket it for not being mounted but said since sleds do not have any real location for plate they were not worried about it as long as you had it with the sled,under seat or back pack as long as you could produce it. not left behind in truck they wanted to see it. yes some guys got tickets for not having regristration ,but they did have insurance and were able to still ride

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
last year rcmp were at trail head in vale,you need to have it for your home town,alberta insurance and regristration and then you are good in bc.as for the plate they said they could ticket it for not being mounted but said since sleds do not have any real location for plate they were not worried about it as long as you had it with the sled,under seat or back pack as long as you could produce it. not left behind in truck they wanted to see it. yes some guys got tickets for not having regristration ,but they did have insurance and were able to still ride

Had same experience at Clemina, COPS were awesome and my sleds were insured with plates under seat.
It was interesting to see how many trucks drove in and then left as soon as they saw COPS.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Registration on an off-road vehicle is a cash grab not unlike many other things however if it cuts down on thefts I'm all for it I've always carried both but never mounted a plate.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Not to doubt a word Brian has stated, but if you get a grumpy cop (i.e. no donuts for breakfast) do you want to put yourself in their hands. There are good cops out there but also grumpy ones. Pretty easy to be legal (registration (can't register in AB without insurance), plates (mounted properly), and insurance as is required in your home province.

Top Bottom