Question for the Cat Guys

summitzx

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Boss Seat for my step dad, but not too familiar with the Cats. He has a 2004 M1. It is the 900 not the 1000. What I was told that there are a few series for this sled type and that I have to make sure I buy the right one. How can I tell what boss seat I need to buy. Can I go on the motor size and year, or do I have to run a vin with a dealer. I would not ask if I was buying from Boss or a dealer but that is not the case here. I found one online for a fair price but don't want to commit if it is the wrong one. It is for X-mas and don't want him to be happy with it then find out it will not work.

Is what I was told right?

Question regarding boss warranty. Now this seat I would be buying is new and never used, but if something went wrong, would boss cover their product even though I was not the original owner.

If anyone could help that would be great. On either question :)

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the king cat models had a removable seat , that would be stock sled
1M might have a bolt on seat ( I,m not sure on this) seat and gas tank are one piece , with a little inganeity I sure you could make the Boss seat work just fine

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1M sleds all have removable seats. They are not connected to the tank I think the thundercats were the only seats conected to the tanks. You prolly will not get the factory warranty from boss if you are not the original owner. I'm not 100% on the warranty issue but the rest I am.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cat seat just pops on and off with a couple of hairpin type clips. I am sure the seat only fits the 1M chassis.

Top Bottom